Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, Dr Vikram Sarabhai – these are the great names one gets associated with when they get a chance to work with an organization of the magnitude of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). ISRO recruitment drive has now begun for the year 2018-19 and engineering graduates can apply for the same online on the official ISRO website.
The posts are open for graduates in the following engineering disciplines: Civil, Electrical, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning and Architecture. Details on who is eligible to apply and how, has been given in detail in the following story: ISRO Recruitment 2019: Engineers can Apply for ISRO Job Openings Online, Salary Rs 56,100.
However, viewers still seem to have a few doubts on the criteria of selection based on the comments we have received on our site. Some of the criteria that are mandatory for the job are as follows:
- 65 percent aggregate marks are mandatory
- Only graduates from civil, mechanical (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning), electrical, and electronics engineering as well as Bachelor Degree in Architecture can apply
- Just submitting the online application and writing the test does not guarantee selection for the interview or job
- All applications must be submitted on the official ISRO website and there are no other means to get the job. Do not fall prey to fake job offers and no fake emails should be solicited with replies
- The candidates willing to apply should not exceed 35 years on 15 January 2019. However, the age restriction is 40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, according to the ISRO website.
- The call letters for the written test to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the period as mentioned in the Advertisement of the ISRO website.
- The last date to submit the application is 15 January 2019 and the application fee of Rs 100 is non-refundable.
Should viewers have any more queries regarding ISRO careers do click on this link.