Ever since the JioFiber plans, earlier known widely as Jio DTH or Jio GigaFiber, have been unveiled, there has been a constant discussion around the higher than expected prices. Based on the conversations taking place on social media, and the comments received on various consumer discussion portals, it seems like several people are disappointed with the current JioFiber plans.
“Dear Ambani, do not lose the trust of the consumer, your Jio plan was hit and people started believing in you, but Jio Giga Fiber plan is a complete mess,” says a viewer on DataQuest. “Hope in future or within the next 2-3 months Jio will either modify the price rate or add on new services in the base or existing plans,” says another viewer.
However, there has been no other official announcement from Reliance Jio after the JioFiber plans were announced. Nevertheless, if consumers were to go by the current plans, the Diamond plan may be the best option available as of now.
The Best JioFiber Plan Available as of Now that Could Offer Jio DTH Services
In the 42 Annual General Meeting, Mukesh Ambani, Reliance Jio Chairman and Managing Director, announced various features that grabbed the attention of millions of consumers; however, once the pricing was revealed, consumers realized that not all of those features were available for all the plans. If the current plans are to be seen, the Diamond plan seems to be the most economical one that offers all the attractive features that come along with JioFiber, which are as follows:
- High speeds of up to 500MBPS.
- 1500GB of monthly data.
- VR headsets called Jio Holoboard that offer a mixed reality theatre-like experience.
- First-day First-show movies from mid 2020 onwards and special sports content for free.
- Annual subscription of all OTT apps.
- 24 inch HD TV with annual plans or Jio Welcome Offer.
- IPTV services could be available for this plan; however, more clarity on the same is awaited.
- Monthly rental of Rs 2499 or annual plan of Rs 29,988 that Indian households may be able to afford.