CBSE class 9 and 11 online exams may not be held as is being hoped by several parents and students, but that has not stopped them from consistently demanding for the same. While there is no official statement from CBSE or schools on conducting exams for students of classes 9 and 11, reports claim that examinations may be held in February 2021.
Students have been, however, requesting for CBSE class 9 and 11 online exams under the hashtag #OnlineExamsfor9thand11th. “It’s a humble request. Either let the exams be in online mode or give us time to study. Life is hard, portions are yet to be completed, revision has not been done and how can we give the exam in February? I repeat either online mode or give us time to study. Humble request” said a class 9 student to Dataquest.
“Online exam should be conducted because we are not mentally prepared for offline exam and the whole year we studied through online medium, that is not enough for an offline exam as compared to offline class. So please take online exam,” says Anurag.
CBSE Class 9 and 11 Online Exams Could be Held for the Following Benefits
Although it’s unlikely for CBSE to hold online examinations on a large scale due to associated challenges, computer-based tests have their own benefits. Computer-based tests, if conducted properly, can make cheating next to impossible provided the correct technology is adopted. Some of the advantages of online exams are as follows:
- Software algorithms set question papers based in question banks set by teachers, which makes it impossible for the question paper to get leaked as no single individual can access all question papers.
- Question papers are encrypted and get decrypted only when the candidate clicks on the question paper thus making the examination fully secure.
- Students do not receive the same question paper as software algorithms set the papers thus reducing the chances of cheating.
- A single question appears on the laptop or computer screen at a time, with a timer within which students have to answer and submit the paper.
- Exam servers could be protected with alert mechanisms suppose hackers try to gain access into the systems.
- Biometrics and photo recognition algorithms are used to compare the candidate’s face with the photo submitted in the application prior to beginning online examinations in sophisticated computer-based exams. More such benefits of holding computer-based tests can be accessed here.