Xerox announced the launch of DocuCentre SC2020, an affordable, feature rich device, equipped with Xerox color printing technologies for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in India .
The Xerox DocuCentre SC2020 Color Multifunction Printer is an A3 multifunction device, designed to expedite print jobs with color copy, easy to understand touch screen and mobile access along with print speeds of up to 20 pages per minute (ppm). By equipping the device with features that meet the needs of the Indian market and the capability to make high-resolution (1200 x 2400 dpi) color prints, Xerox aims to expand its lineup of products for the growing A3 entry color printing markets across the emerging markets.
Commenting on the launch,Mr Bajaj Rajagopalan, Executive Director,Technology,Channels & International Business, Xerox India, said, “This is a device meant for developing markets and it will be a game changer in the A3 category in the country. The product comes packed with high-end features that gives you all the functionality of A3 multifunction device with the added benefit of vibrant color, at a lower price range. Its automation features and the digital image registration control is expected to create a major impact. This makes it an exciting product, especially for the Small & Medium Businesses in India. With this, we are looking to further strengthen our focus on the Office business segment.”
Furthermore, Balaji mentioned, “With this product, we are providing our partners with an attractive composition, inclusive of flexibility, competitive pricing and ownership. This move enables the partners to develop an effective market strategy for their geography and align for better consideration & delivery for customers.”
High quality printing in a compact footprint
- The SC2020 packs a powerful punch in a compact size, boasting print and copy speeds of high-resolution prints at 20 ppm for both monochrome and color devices, making it the perfect device for small offices and workgroups.
- SC 2020 comes in as a basic table-top platen version and a DADF version.
- The device is equipped with Xerox’s proprietary laser scanning technology and produces scan speeds of 24 ppm for monochrome and 19 ppm for color documents.
- Heavy-duty users also benefit from continuous printing capabilities of up to 999 pages per job and efficient scanning with the 110-page Duplex Automatic Document Feeder.
- IReCT (Image Registration Control Technology) is a digital image registration control technology providing the ultra-high precision of 2400 dpi. This ensures highly accurate dot placement resulting in outstanding print quality.
Convenient features for workgroup/SMBs
DocuCentre SC2020 has selected optional features that are convenient for the workgroup/SMB users, on top of basic copying, printing, faxing and scanning, including:
- Both sides of an ID card or a two-page document can be printed side by side on a single side of paper to save paper and for easy reference.
- Fax process is streamlined, enabling users to send files by fax directly from their computers. Users can and configure the device to upload incoming faxes to a server or send them to registered email addresses, thereby reducing paper waste.
- With its simple user interface, DocuCentre SC2020 helps users perform desired functions without hassle or confusion. The 4.3 inch touch screen panel leads users through operations, such as copying double-sided ID cards with step-by-step directions.
Supports mobile printing and scanning
- The user can also export documents scanned by DocuCentre SC2020 to smart mobile devices via wireless local area network.
- Scanned documents can be easily uploaded from PCs to the Working Folder and accessed anytime, anywhere or shared amongst co-workers; or viewed and edited on DocuWorks as paper documents.
- The DocuCentre SC2020 enables users to reduce toner consumption by calibrating toner density in three settings: light, lighter and lightest, based on individual print requirements. Furthermore, the product has a low typical electricity consumption in sleep mode, which is the state that printers spend most of their time in, meaning decreased operating costs.
- Our EA-Eco Toner with low melt technology achieves minimum fusing temperature at 20°C less than conventional toner for significant energy savings.
Pricing and availability
The DocuCentre SC2020 is available at a launch offer of approximately Rs 1, 30,000 /- plus taxes for the Platen version and Rs 1, 50,000/- plus taxes for the DADF version.