- WhatsApp or Facebook has no access to private messages or calls.
- The platform does not keep logs of messages or calls of users.
- The location shared by users cannot be seen by WhatsApp or Facebook.
- The platform does share user contacts with Facebook.
- WhatsApp groups are private, and are not available on public platforms.
- Messages can still be set to disappear.
- Users can download their data.
“We want to be clear that the policy update does not affect the privacy of your messages with friends or family in any way. Instead, this update includes changes related to messaging a business on WhatsApp, which is optional, and provides further transparency about how we collect and use data,” added the platform in the official blog.