36. All word of mouth growth makes some investors nervous
Word of mouth is nice, but it’s not predictable. You need predictable growth.
37. If you build it, they won’t just come
I’ve seen companies go under, waiting for the users to come. They never came.
38. It’s less stressful when you generate revenue
Startups can be stressful. A lot of people have written about founder depression – it’s a real thing. Sam talks about how founders have a lot of weight on their shoulders. Having revenue can significantly ease that weight.
39. Put together a hypothetical pricing page with a spreadsheet and how it’d look when you fill it out with features
That spreadsheet will help guide product development, since everything is connected to revenue. Put higher value features on the higher plans.
40. Customers don’t price shop as much as you think
Our price, in relation to our competitors, doesn’t come up often. Sometimes we’re more expensive, yet we might still win the deal. So, don’t become too obsessed with your competitor’s prices. Just optimize for your users.