Vodafone Idea announced the launch of TurboNet 4G in Nashik where it has integrated the Vodafone and Idea networks. The launch of TurboNet 4G follows the successful consolidation of its radio network integration and the deployment of new age technologies such as Spectrum Re-farming, M-MIMO, 4G on 900 MHz, TDD and Small Cells to further boost network capacity and coverage across large parts of the country.
Speaking on the occasion Rajendra Chourasia, circle business head, Maharashtra and Goa, Vodafone Idea Limited said: “With TurboNet 4G, over 4 crore Vodafone Idea customers in 37 Districts of Maharashtra and Goa will be able to get faster download and upload speeds, better coverage and enhanced user experience while consuming content on their smartphones. Starting with Nashik and other key towns, TurboNet 4G will soon be rolled out across other major cities and towns in the circle.”
Advantages of Vodafone Idea TurboNet 4G
- Turbo network: state of the art 4G LTE network with dual spectrum power offering higher capacity and coverage.
- Enhanced network capabilities: deployment of new age, 5G ready technologies including 4G on 900 MHz, Spectrum Re-farming, M-MIMO and Small Cells.
- High Speed downloads/uploads: a fast and seamless mobile internet experience with minimal latency; Ookla verified.
- Enhanced experience: high definition streaming of music, videos, chats, mobile gaming and two-way video calling with faster response time.
- Rich content: enjoy Live TV, News, HD movies on-demand, videos and music across genres with Vodafone Play/Idea Movies and TV app.
TurboNet 4G is now available to Vodafone Idea customers in key cities of Nashik, Ahmednagar, Baramati, Wardha, Yavatmal, Parbhani, Beed, Karad, Gondiya, Ratnagiri in the Districts of Osmanabad, Hingoli, Nandurbar, Parbhani and Washim in Maharashtra.
TurboNet 4G is being rolled out across the country over the last few months. The network integration exercise is continuing at a rapid pace with 84% of districts in India already consolidated.
With the turbo speeds being offered on both the brands, customers can enjoy live TV shows, the latest movies and a variety of original content on Vodafone Play and Idea Movies and TV App. Vodafone Idea has partnered with leading content creators and aggregators like Eros, Sony, Zee5, Hungama Play, T-Series, SunNXT, ShemarooMe, Hoichoi, TV Today, Discovery and many others that provide an array of free premium content to subscribers to enjoy on TurboNet 4G. Additionally, the company has tie-ups with leading content providers like Amazon Prime and Netflix for its premium customers.