Organizations in Asia are deeply committed to driving innovation and tapping into new opportunities as well as navigating the challenges confidently in today’s fast-paced, interconnected world. To succeed, organizations juggle multiple responsibilities such as, driving top-line growth, empowering a flexible workforce while optimizing clouds spend and increase resilience. At VMware Explore 2023 Singapore, VMware is reinforcing its commitment to help match customers with the right applications with the right cloud and investing in the technologies that allow organizations to manage and operate across multi-cloud environments more consistently and securely.
A recent IDC research indicates that enterprises worldwide expect to spend more than half of their technology budgets on innovation through 2024. With a higher percentage of enterprise budgets allocated to digital innovation, technology providers that can support and empower these initiatives will be more valuable to enterprises.
“Asia-Pacific has been at the forefront of growth fuelled by multi-cloud innovation. We’re committed to helping clients at every point in their transformation journey, whether starting out managing the complexity of multi-cloud or harnessing the power of a digital foundation to leverage the generative AI opportunity,” said Sylvain Cazard, Senior Vice President and General Manager for APJ, VMware. “Our recently launched offering, VMware Private AI Foundation, further strengthens our commitment to opening up new possibilities for our customers, helping them get future-ready and leverage the full potential of Generative AI.”
VMware Explore 2023 Announcements
VMware Puts the Power of Generative AI Within Reach of Any Enterprise
VMware introduced new Private AI offerings to drive enterprise adoption of generative AI and tap into the value of corporate data. The announcements include:
- VMware Private AI Foundation with NVIDIA, extending the companies’ strategic partnership to ready enterprises that run VMware’s cloud infrastructure for the next era of generative AI
- VMware Private AI Reference Architecture for Open Source to help customers achieve their desired AI outcomes by supporting leading open source software (OSS) technologies today and in the future. At VMware Explore 2023, VMware is showcasing collaborations with leading companies from across the AI value chain, including Anyscale, Domino Daa Lab, Hugging Face, Intel, and global systems integrators.
VMware has announced a new VMware AI Ready program, which will connect ISVs with tools and resources needed to validate and certify their products on VMware Private AI Reference Architecture. VMware also introduced Intelligent Assist, a family of generative AI-based solutions trained on VMware’s proprietary data to simplify and automate all aspects of enterprise IT in a multi-cloud era.
VMware Cloud helps Modernize, Optimize, and Better Protect Today’s Multi-Cloud Enterprises with New Offerings and Capabilities
VMware announced the next evolution of VMware Cloud, empowering customers with new editions and capabilities that will help them modernize, optimize, and better protect their organizations.
VMware Cloud is available in five prescriptive VMware Cloud editions (Essentials, Standard, Pro, Advanced, Enterprise) that help customers flexibly modernize infrastructure and management at every stage of their cloud transformation journey and can be deployed and managed in three ways: Customer Managed, VMware Managed and Provider Managed.
VMware has unveiled VMware NSX+, a new cloud-managed service offering of NSX for multi-cloud environments (previously Project NorthStar) that advances core networking and security capabilities for VMware Cloud. VMware is also introducing NSX+ virtual private clouds (VPCs) to provide full isolation of networking, security, and services to multiple tenants on a shared VMware Cloud infrastructure managed by a single global NSX interface.
VMware Expands Tanzu to Accelerate App Delivery at Enterprise Scale
VMware introduced a suite of powerful new offerings across VMware Tanzu to provide customers with a complete solution to develop, deliver, and optimize apps across clouds. The Tanzu platform now brings together existing Tanzu and Aria products with new integrations, innovations and portfolio enhancements to revolutionize application delivery while focussing on application-centric visibility, proactive optimization, and multi-cloud management.
Highlights include a new VMware Tanzu Application Engine (in beta), enhanced multi-cloud Kubernetes operations, a developer portal that extends curated app templates, enhanced enterprise developer experience with Spring Framework 6 and a new platform engineer admin console to configure and operate the Tanzu Application Platform.
The new Tanzu Intelligence Services includes portions of the VMware Aria portfolio with the common data platform to supercharge platform engineering and cloud operations. The new innovations and enhancements feature a tech preview of VMware Tanzu with Intelligent Assist that will streamline operational workflows using a conversational chatbot experience powered by generative AI. Other highlights include VMware Tanzu CloudHealth, VMware Tanzu Insights, VMware Tanzu Guardrails and VMware Tanzu Transformer.
VMware Delivers Powerful Business Operation Transformation at the Edge
VMware has announced new capabilities, solutions, and services to help customers accelerate their digital transformation at the edge with a software-defined edge approach. This includes:
- VMware Edge Cloud Orchestrator (formerly VMware SASE Orchestrator), which will provide unified management for VMware SASE and the VMware Edge Compute Stack. Enhancements to the orchestrator will help customers plan, deploy, run, visualize, and manage their edge environments in a friction-free manner by providing a single console to manage edge compute infrastructure, networking and security.
- VMware Retail Edge, a new retail edge industry solution that will allow customers to reduce in-store infrastructure costs and management, remotely deploy and maintain applications on demand, and accelerate the deployment of next-generation AI apps.
- VMware Private Mobile Network, a soon-to-be-available VMware Edge managed connectivity service, designed to help remove the complexity associated with private mobile networks and enable enterprises to focus on their strategic business outcomes.
VMware Advances Autonomous Workspaces with AI-Powered Integrations
VMware has announced modern AI integrations to the VMware Anywhere Workspace platform, part of the VMware Cross-Cloud services portfolio, that automatically optimize employee experience, drive new vulnerability management use cases, and simplify application lifecycle management. Highlights include:
- New Insights and Playbooks that broaden access to data, help strengthen VMware Insights, and allow for remediation of more issues.
- An expanded partnership with Intel that makes it easier for customers to secure and remotely manage work devices entirely from the cloud, with no additional on-premises infrastructure and management software needed.
- Additional expansions of App Volumes support to deliver apps on demand to persistent virtual desktops.