Viber, the leading OTT mobile communications platform, offering free messaging, HD-quality phone and video calls, launched Viber Games today, a major expansion to the app. Viber has partnered with leading game developers to bring unique gaming experiences to the platform featuring Viber characters and exclusive content. Initially released in Belarus, Malaysia, Israel, Singapore and the Ukraine late last year, Viber Games is now available worldwide.
The launch line-up features Viber Candy Mania and Viber Pop from leading mobile game network Storm8 and Wild Luck Casino from leading casual games developer, Playtika. The games were built using a new private API that allows users to sign in with their Viber ID to connect with their friends and contacts on Viber, send them gifts and brag about their achievements. Additionally, users will be able to send game invites via Viber, and see what games their friends are currently playing.
Games will take on the Viber brand look and feel, and feature many of the characters that have already become popular staples of Viber’s Sticker Market. The games will be promoted in the Games section on Viber and will be free to download via Google Play and the App Store. Access to additional features will be available via in-app purchases.
Viber Games Features Summary:
- Gift sending: Send gifts to your Viber friends; receive rewards for the more gifts you send
- Leaderboards: See how your scores stack up versus your Viber friends’
- Invite friends: Invite your Viber friends to download the games to play with you
- Bragging: Tell your friends when you beat their high scores
- Friend progression: See what levels your friends have reached in the game
- See what games your friends are currently playing.