The University of Sheffield has announced 75 competitive merit scholarships, each valued at 10000 Pounds per year. These scholarships are being offered in a bid to support and encourage international undergraduate students. These scholarships are designed to assist students with tuition fees for undergraduate degree programs scheduled to commence in the autumn of 2024.
What is the application process?
Aspiring candidates who are keen to pursue their education at the University of Sheffield can submit their applications through the official university website. The application window will open in late Autumn 2023 which grants ample time for eligible candidates to prepare for their submissions.
The deadline for application submission is 22 April 2024 at 1 a.m. And, successful recipients of scholarships will be officially announced on 15th May 2024.
What are the eligibility criteria for the Sheffield UG Scholarship?
A limited number of scholarships are being offered. Candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria for this merit scholarship. The criteria include:
- The applicant's undergraduate program must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in the autumn of 2024.
- Candidates must have received an offer for a course that is studied in full at the University of Sheffield. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible, except for Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- For tuition fee purposes, applicants must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- Applicants must not be sponsored students.
- Candidates must enter a degree program at the University of Sheffield in either 1 year or 2 year program.
- All March programs are considered postgraduate taught programs and are not eligible for this undergraduate scholarship.
It should be noted that the scholarship will be applied solely as a tuition fee discount but not as a cash alternative.
What is the selection process for the Sheffield UG Scholarship?
In terms of being selected for the scholarship, candidates are required to provide examples of achievements that can demonstrate their excellence and initiatives in educational, voluntary, or extracurricular areas.
Furthermore, applicants should articulate how their achievements are relevant to the course they have applied for at the University of Sheffield.