The IoT Matrix Forum Community members unveil key milestone achievements at Matrix 2022.
TiE Bangalore chapter, established in 1999, successfully concluded its flagship Annual conference – Matrix 2022. The conference witnessed participation from over 3000+ attendees, keynote addresses and panel discussions by a power-packed line-up of speakers. TiE Bangalore also announced winners of the prestigious Matrix 2022 Startup Awards.
- The erstwhile IoT Forum has now been rechristened as Matrix Forum to focus on next gen Matrix technologies such as IoT, computing, AI, AR/VR, Web3/Metaverse, 5G and beyond. Originally started as a Thinktank for IoT in 2014, the Matrix Forum has grown to be 15 SIGs, 100+ volunteers, 2500+ startups, 25000+ members. The forum organises regular deep dives on various topics, meetups and events, thought leadership, engaging the startups, investors, mentors, partners customers etc. – all to help Indian startups grow and scale.
- Launch of a Special Interest Group )SIG) for Design for Manufacturing (DFM) to guide Semiconductor Startups: Matrix Forum (erstwhile IoTForum), TiE Bangalore launched a new Special Interest Group for Design for Manufacturing (DFM) to help Semiconductor and embedded startups reach their next level of growth through focused mentoring and pathways for availing DLI/PLI incentives provided by government for Make in India. This Special Interest Group was created under Matrix Forum and its leader Mr Somasundaram – MD, Finixel Technologies – to address the needs of Start-Ups in the Indian Semiconductor Sector. The DFM SIG will collaborate with accelerators and incubators that specialize in semiconductors and embedded electronics. Sanjeev Keskar, former President of the India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA) and Arrow Electronics is the Champion Mentor for DFM – Semiconductors. He has been ably supported by Domain Experts who will mentor the startups – Vivek Saxena, former Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer of BLR Labs and Narasimha Murthy, Director of Quality Management and Global SWQM Center of Competency at Infineon Technologies, and Anantha Kinn.
- The Agritech Special Interest Group of The Matrix Forum has launched a series of initiatives:
- Collaboration South – South Galaxy: across India, Africa, SE Asia
- Building up FPO Value chain to strengthen FPOs, Digitization etc.
The Agritech SIG is headed by leaders Ashok Meda, Co-Founder Krishi Kalpa, Manoj Kumar, Founder Social Alpha, Hemendra Mathur, Venture Partner, Bharat Innovation Fund Kishor Jagirdar, Vision Karnataka Foundation
Announcements by startups of Matrix Forum Community:
- A5G Networks Receives Investment from Bharat Innovation Fund: A5G Networks, a global leader in autonomous and distributed mobile core networks for 5G, announced today that it has received investment from India’s leading deep tech venture capital firm, Bharat Innovation Fund (BIF). This round of financing will be used to expand the team, engage with global customers for mobile network transformation and accelerate growth. The vision of A5G Networks is to enable and catalyze the upcoming transition to distributed and autonomous mobile network of networks for 5G and beyond. Its unique IP helps realize significant savings in capital and operating expenditures, reduces energy requirements, improves quality of user experience, and catalyze adoption of new business models. A5G Networks will enable deployment of enterprise private networks, connected car networks, new public mobile networks and play a pivotal role in upcoming smart city projects.
- Bullieverse, a fantasy Metaverse island, released their first web3 game Bear Hunt based on Bulliever Island, a 3-mile long island traditionally inhabited by bulls. The game is based in Bulliever Island which is a 3 mile Long Island traditionally occupied by the bulls. It revolves around Bulls that have lost their home territory to the bears. The Bulls fight their way back to win their home land from the clasp of the bears.
- Astrome Launches world’s first multi-link E-Band Radio: Indian deep-tech start-up Astrome Technologies, incubated at IISc Bangalore, unveiled GigaMesh – the world’s first multi-link E-Band Radio. This product will revolutionize the deployment of wireless backhaul in Rural Broadband and Defence communications markets in India and the world. GigaMesh is an E-band radio, with Multiple-Point-to-Point (Multi-P2P) communication, making it the most effective way to share fiber-like capacity wirelessly.
- HeARThealth launches AI-driven Cardiac MRI analysis: HeARThealth announces launch of its ONEcardio Cardiovascular Clinical Decision Support System. ONEcardio is an AI-driven Cardiac MRI analysis and clinical decision support solution for Ischemic Heart Disease. ONEcardio assists cardiac imagers make faster, accurate diagnosis, prognosis and risk stratification. Clinicians use this information to determine treatment and to improve patient outcomes.
- DevAppSol enters Mines/Ports with new Innovation: After successfully deploying DevAppSol, connecting and monitoring Assets in difficult environments and India’s #1 Private LORAWAN network provider, today announced a slew of new innovation with world’s smallest form factor and longest battery life Wireless Multi Sensing (temperature, humidity, vibration, light and energy) devices. DevAppSol is now targeting Digital Transformation in Ports and Mines with its new innovative devices and private networks that work both underground and hard to reach sprawling mines along with accurate location sensing. DevAppSol is a Leader in Connecting and Monitoring Assets and Resources in hostile environments in real time, operating the largest Private LORAWAN network in India. The solution is running for past 3 years successfully at GMR Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad Airport
As one of India’s first TiE Chapters, TiE Bangalore continues to play a critical role in fostering the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bangalore & Karnataka by collaborating between various ecosystem stakeholders – VCs, Angel Investors, Educational Institutions, State Governments, Incubators, Corporates & Corporate Accelerators, etc. Over the last year, TiE Bangalore has organised over 110+ initiatives/programs that has seen participation of over 15,000+ entrepreneurs and the support of over 25+ leading corporates as sponsors.