TCS iON, in a bid to enable universities and exam boards to conduct secure, free and fair examinations in a remote model recently announced the launch of Remote Assessments. Since the COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted examination schedules of schools, and universities, TCS hopes to address this challenge by enabling students to appear for exams from their choice of location through Remote Assessments.
Venguswamy Ramaswamy, global head, TCS iON, commented on the initiative: “Continuing our efforts to help the education sector with remote enablement, we launched the TCS iON Remote Assessments product. This will ensure that exam administrators are able to conduct exams in a secure way, at speed and with no dependency on the candidates’, proctors’ or exam administrators’ locations. This will help authorities quickly schedule and complete the exam process.”
Key Features of the TCS Remote Assessments
TCS iON Remote Assessments enables controls at the following three levels, based on the institution’s requirements:
- At the basic level, it locks down the candidate’s device – desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, and just enables it to capture exam responses.
- At the second level, the product leverages the camera of the device and sends a video stream to a central server on the cloud. These video streams are analyzed using artificial intelligence and machine learning frameworks to detect malpractice attempts and alert the invigilators.
- The third level includes all these features as well as enables invigilators to proctor candidates in real-time, from anywhere.
Other Benefits of the TCS Remote Assessments
- The system also provides a rich set of features for invigilators to monitor candidates and take appropriate actions.
- Over 50 question types are supported and the exam conducting authorities can evaluate students using subjective questions, diagrams and formulas.
- An added advantage is the ability to create question papers quickly and maintain them in an encrypted form, till they are shared with students right before the examination.
- Five different assessment methods are supported namely: Pen and paper, computer-based, OMR, digi OMR, and hands-on.
Most of the responses can be evaluated by the system and subjective answers can be assessed by an evaluator. The platform seamlessly integrates with the TCS iON Remote Marking platform, allowing assessors to mark candidate responses from home. Scores are digitally processed and published, thus reducing the time taken to announce the results. Those who wish to know more about TCS iON Remote Assessments product can visit the official website.