Online applications are currently being accepted for the Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020 instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. The scheme aims at recognizing and rewarding scientists who are making significant contributions in the field of biological sciences and biotechnology to find innovative solutions to major problems in healthcare, agriculture, environment and other allied areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
The fellowship is open to Indian nationals residing in the country who are below 55 years of age. The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in their organization. Five Tata Innovation Fellowships are rewarded to exceptional candidates each year.
Who can Apply for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020?
Those who wish to apply for the fellowship are required to possess the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in life sciences, agriculture, and veterinary science.
- Master’s degree in medical sciences, engineering or an equivalent degree in biotechnology or related areas.
- The candidate must have outstanding contributions and publications in the relevant area.
- The applicant must be regularly employed with the university, institute or organization and should be engaged in research and development.
- Indian nationals who have stayed for at least 5 years in India can apply for the fellowship.
- The candidate should be able to display evidence of an outstanding track record and a deep commitment to finding innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology, says the notification.
How to Apply for Tata Innovation Fellowship 2020?
Selected candidates will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs 25,000 per month in addition to regular salary from the host institute. Furthermore, a contingency grant of Rs 6.00 lakh per year will be given to meet the expenditures incurred while working on the ongoing research project under the fellowship. Both hard copies and soft copies of the application will have to be submitted to DBT before 15 November 2020. Those who wish to know more about the fellowship are advised to go through the official website for more information.