Data bundling to be an exciting factor for tablets market in CY 2017
Gurugram – Friday March 3, 2017: According to CMR’s India annual Tablet PC Market Review, CY 2016, 3.5 million Tablet PCs were sold (shipped) in India, registering a decline of about 18% over CY2015.
In the fourth quarter, the shipments recorded a 16% fall over the same period of CY 2015 on account of lukewarm sales. The total sales stood at 0.81 million in Q4 of 2016, compared to 0.97 million in the year-ago period.
Datawind retained the top position with 34% market share, followed by Samsung (18%), Pantel (12%) and Micromax (10%) in CY 2016. In terms of technology, 2G shipments showed a sharp fall of 92% in CY 2016 over CY 2015, 3G declined 71% and 4G rose by 6%.
- JioFiber Set-top Box Being Given to Customers Opting for Paid Plans, Preview Offer No Longer Available
- Advent of ML has brought slew of possibilities: Zendesk
- IBM launches open technology to speed response to cyber threats across clouds
- Purple Quarter helps companies find the right CTO; Addresses the growing demand in industry
- ISRO PSLV-C47 Mission to Launch Cartosat-3 Postponed
- Open source software: Redefining the future of mobile connectivity
- Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics, HERE Technologies partner to further spatial analytics in India
- Indian millennial parents show growing trust in artificial intelligence, robotics for health care: IEEE study
- AI and data irony – Ferrari without fuel?
- Maruti Suzuki invites applications from startups to participate in MAIL program