Data bundling to be an exciting factor for tablets market in CY 2017
Gurugram – Friday March 3, 2017: According to CMR’s India annual Tablet PC Market Review, CY 2016, 3.5 million Tablet PCs were sold (shipped) in India, registering a decline of about 18% over CY2015.
In the fourth quarter, the shipments recorded a 16% fall over the same period of CY 2015 on account of lukewarm sales. The total sales stood at 0.81 million in Q4 of 2016, compared to 0.97 million in the year-ago period.
Datawind retained the top position with 34% market share, followed by Samsung (18%), Pantel (12%) and Micromax (10%) in CY 2016. In terms of technology, 2G shipments showed a sharp fall of 92% in CY 2016 over CY 2015, 3G declined 71% and 4G rose by 6%.
- AAI Recruitment 2021: Applications Invited for 66 Apprentice Vacancies, Stipend up to Rs 15,000
- Blockchain in action: Benefits and drawbacks
- IIT Hyderabad Invites Applications for Technology Transfer Officer Vacancy, Salary up to Rs 1,00,000
- Railway Recruitment 2021: Engineers Can Apply Online for 63 New Vacancies, Salary up to Rs 44,900
- Wipro delivers revenue growth for quarter at 8.1% QoQ and 28.8% YoY
- NIT Warangal Invites Applications for Online Course on Python Programming
- Bahwan CyberTek Announces Career Relaunch Program to Provide Women on Career Breaks with Full-time Job Opportunities
- Talk, walk and commit: The significance of contracts in supplier diversity
- UCIL Recruitment 2021: Online Applications Invited for 242 Trade Apprentice Vacancies
- Toch.ai raises close to $12 million in series A