Data bundling to be an exciting factor for tablets market in CY 2017
Gurugram – Friday March 3, 2017: According to CMR’s India annual Tablet PC Market Review, CY 2016, 3.5 million Tablet PCs were sold (shipped) in India, registering a decline of about 18% over CY2015.
In the fourth quarter, the shipments recorded a 16% fall over the same period of CY 2015 on account of lukewarm sales. The total sales stood at 0.81 million in Q4 of 2016, compared to 0.97 million in the year-ago period.
Datawind retained the top position with 34% market share, followed by Samsung (18%), Pantel (12%) and Micromax (10%) in CY 2016. In terms of technology, 2G shipments showed a sharp fall of 92% in CY 2016 over CY 2015, 3G declined 71% and 4G rose by 6%.
- Future Forward Your Business with Intel vPro Platform
- Amazon announces Great Indian Festival, key offers revealed
- Entropik Tech appoints Manoj Tinna as VP Sales
- IIT Kharagpur Researchers Generate Electricity from Wet Clothes, Here’s How
- Making shared economy platforms safe with artificial intelligence
- Udemy announces launch of its corporate learning solution in India
- ISRO, DRDO Sign MoUs to Provide Technologies for Human Space Mission Gaganyaan
- Dimensions of IT Business from Raritan VP Asia Pacific
- DRDO Recruitment 2019: Check All Details of Over 250 Vacancies Available in DRDO at Present
- Eightfold.ai appoints Sandesh Goel as managing director of new India Office