Sterlite Tech, the smarter web-scale digital networks, posted financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2017.
“Over the past years, we have built a robust capability platform across technology innovation, manufacturing standards, and corporate governance,” said Dr Anand Agarwal, CEO, Sterlite Tech, while declaring the results. “As customers put their trust in us, our capability platform enables us to participate in one of the world’s largest digital inclusions by building web-scale networks across cities and villages in India and in many countries of the world.”
The company’s capability-building strategy has resulted in a sustained financial performance over time. The results of the last few quarters have shown a consistent growth, and have been replicated in Q3FY’18, with all-time high performance across key financial metrics.
- Net Revenues: Rs 836 crore, up 14% YoY vs Rs 732 crore
- EBITDA: Rs 208 crore, up 44% YoY vs Rs 145 crore
- Profit After Tax: Rs 90 crore, up 83% YoY vs Rs 49 crore
- ROCE (Nine months FY’18): 29%
- Order Book: Rs 4,573 crore, up 71% YoY vs Rs 2,674 crore
- International Revenues: Rs 505 crore, up 78% YoY, 60% of Revenues
In this quarter, Sterlite Tech continued to build on its capabilities by innovating on smarter network technologies, business processes and project execution.
- The company’s capacity scaling from 30 million fibre km to 50 million fibre km is on schedule, to be delivered by June 2019.
- Its patent count grew to 169, with global patents for network architecture, high-capacity fibre manufacturing, and advanced glass composition.
- It was recognized as a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for the second consecutive year, and for building the world’s largest intrusion-proof network for the Indian defence.
- It was awarded the Telcordia Certification (USA), one of the world’s most stringent standards, for its optical fibre and cables.
As data networks grow in scale and complexity, and telcos and governments globally drive digitalization, the company is well positioned to achieve the next level of growth with deeper solutions for smarter networks and worldwide reach.