Gurgaon-based Artificial Intelligence start-up, Staqu, has launched its proprietary criminal registration and search system, ABHED (Artificial intelligence Based Human Efface Detection). The, first-of-its-kind, app is going to enable police forces to opt for mobile-phone-based criminal registration, including biometric information. Utilizing Staqu’s machine learning prowess, the ABHED app is set to expedite criminal search, missing person search, crime scene fingerprint matching, and more in the following ways:
• Every police personnel will have its own login password to use the app for both, registering and search. The access can be controlled at different levels, with the mobile phone number of police personnel. The OTP based logins for profiling or searching ensure optimum security.
• With a simplified user-interface of the mobile phone app, police personnel can automatically profile criminals or missing people, including biometric information like fingerprints, voice and face pictures and can be integrated with the current CCTNS system.
• ABHED provides matching details from the criminal database within seconds, offering better accuracy than any other criminal recognition system.
• Criminal search can be performed through FIR, available face images or fingerprints.
• The app is available in both Hindi and English and can be extended to other languages as well.
Commenting on the launch, Atul Rai, CEO and Co-Founder of Staqu said, “At Staqu, we are inspired to utilize AI, to solve everyday challenges. With the launch of ABHED, we are utilizing our AI prowess, especially in machine learning, for enabling police forces to digitalize and automate profiling and search for criminals and missing people. It has further been a humbling experience to associate with the Alwar Police Department and commission a pioneer pilot program, utilizing AI for nabbing criminals and searching missing people. Given the rising rate of crimes and child trafficking, we hope for a brighter tomorrow, where advanced technology is best deployed to aid security forces.”
The app perfectly works with the existing levels of infrastructure and technology penetration. Optimized for 2G or 3G networks, ABHED is well-equipped to handle thousands queries per seconds and supports unlimited searches and criminal profiles’ indexing.