Connect power supply to access point (AP). An LED on the AP light ups. Take the Ethernet cable
provided, and use it to connect the AP to your office network.
Configure the Wi-Fi PCMCIA card. Don’t plug it straight into your notebook. First install the software provided with the card, and then plug it in (reboot if asked to do so). The notebook should be able to recognize the Wi-Fi card, which will then detect the presence of a WiFi network. If you have a DHCP server running on your office network, then your laptop should be configured to obtain an IP address dynamically. At this point, the laptop will be able to access your LAN through the AP.
Configure the Access Point. To do this, take out the software that came with the Access Point — the AirPlus AP Manager. You can install it on any desktop on your network or the laptop on which you’ve setup the WiFi card. Run the software, and it should be able to auto-detect all the APs (if there’s more than one). You’ll first be prompted to enter a username and password (default: admin, and no password).
Choose the AP you have to configure from the list provided by the AP Manager. Then click on the “IP Settings” menu from the AP Manager. Here, you’ll find the default IP address that the AP ships with–192.168.0.50. Change the IP address to an available IP address from your network, and Apply.Â
You can now access the AP’s setup from any PC on your network by simply typing this new IP address in a web browser. From this setup screen, Run the Setup wizard, and you’re done.
- Infographic – Future Forward Your Business With Intel vPro Platform
- Corporate Tax Slashed, Will Create More Jobs in India: PM Narendra Modi
- Counter unmanned aircraft systems technologies need of the hour: Report
- Adda247 to introduce banking, railway courses to help aspirants expand their employment opportunities
- Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro Now Available in India on Amazon at Rs 64,900 Onwards
- ISRO Invites Applications from Scientists and Researchers for AstroSat
- Schneider Electric: Life at the Edge
- ISRO Chandrayaan 2: Orbiter Conducting Scientific Experiments, ISRO Experts Analysing Vikram Lander Loss
- Avaya, IBM sign agreement to accelerate hybrid cloud strategy
- DRDO Recruitment 2019: New Vacancies Available at DRDO Centre in Hyderabad, Salary Rs 31,000