Online applications have been invited for the SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2021, which is a 13 month long rural development program. SBI says that the organisation is trying to create leaders of tomorrow as well as making a difference in rural India through this program. Upon the successful completion of this program, participants will receive a readjustment allowance of Rs. 50,000 and a certificate of completion from SBI Foundation.
Individuals who receive the fellowship will also be given access to SBI’s ecosystem comprising of alumni, partners and other relevant organizations in the social sector, which can be leveraged to explore opportunities or other meaningful engagements or collaborations. Applications must be submitted for the fellowship before 30 April 2021.
Aim of the SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2021
The State Bank of India aims at achieving the following objectives through the fellowship:
- To provide educated Indian youth with an opportunity to make an impact on the grass root level in rural India.
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the program alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
Who Can Apply for the SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2021?
Indian citizens of OCI cardholders who match the following required eligibility criteria may apply:
- Graduate or bachelor’s degree holder from any discipline or stream.
- Applicants should be aged between 21 and 32 as on the date of commencement of the fellowship.
- Since it is a rural development program, fellows should be willing to commit to a 13-month long rural fellowship program and adapt to life in challenging rural conditions.
- Applicants should be team players with strong people interaction skills.
Stages of Application
- Applicants need to first fill-out the application form.
- Applicants will then have to sharing their story, perspectives, and overall worldview by taking a detailed essay-based online assessment.
- Personality assessment will then be done at the interview stage through an interaction with the board.
Topics that Fellows Will Get to Work On
- Women’s Empowerment
- Traditional Craft
- Social Enterpreneurship
- Rural Livelihood
- Self Governance
- Food Security
- Environmental Protection
- Alternate Energy
Those who wish to know more about the SBI fellowship can visit the official website for more information.