Salesforce has introduced the next generation of Service Cloud, the #1 customer service platform. Built on the Salesforce Lightning component-based framework, companies can easily configure and set up Service Cloud for their organizations in a single day. With Lightning-Ready partner apps and Lightning App Builder for Service, companies can easily customize and extend Service Cloud. In addition, a new Lightning Service Console adds several new capabilities that boost agent productivity, and a new Service Cloud Mobile app empowers agents to provide exceptional customer service from anywhere. And with Salesforce’s interactive learning platform, Trailhead, anyone can learn for free how to deploy and customize Service Cloud.
The new Service Cloud addresses the needs of today’s consumer, who increasingly expect service experiences that are fast, personalized and available through their preferred channels. Yet, many companies today struggle to provide modern, personalized customer service. Established companies often have inflexible, legacy customer service systems, making it difficult and costly to improve existing support channels or add new ones. Smaller companies are often forced to make trade-offs between selecting a lightweight helpdesk for their immediate needs, as opposed to a more robust solution that can scale for future growth.
Introducing the Next Generation of Service Cloud
Service Cloud provides any company, regardless of size, with a flexible, modern customer service platform that is quick to set up, easy to learn and can be customized to meet their needs today and in the future. New innovations for Service Cloud include:
- Service Out-of-the-Box lets companies build a modern customer service center in a single day. Case management is now pre-built into Service Cloud, and a new streamlined set up experience simplifies the steps needed to deploy essential service flows—with clicks, not code. Service admins can add a customer community and knowledge base, as well as connect to email, Facebook and Twitter feeds—some in as little as five steps. And wIth Trailhead, Salesforce’s online, gamified learning platform, anyone can take one of the 20+ free, guided modules to learn how to deploy, configure and customize Service Cloud.
- AppExchange and Lightning App Builder for Service provide customer service teams with an easy way to customize and extend Service Cloud. Using the Lightning App Builder, companies can extend functionality by simply dragging-and-dropping one of the new service Lightning Components–such as the knowledge sidebar or related record—into Service Cloud. Companies can further extend Service Cloud functionality with more than 75 Lightning-Ready service partner apps available today on the AppExchange, the world’s largest business app marketplace. Among the service apps available today are telephony and call center management capabilities from Dialpad, NewVoiceMedia and Talkdesk; IoT asset tracking and mapping from MapAnything Live; and patient education from Healthwise.
- Lightning Service Console, the unified desktop experience for customer service agents, includes several new capabilities to maximize productivity and speed so agents can provide better customer experiences and resolve cases faster.
○ Case Kanban provides a visual dashboard of cases in queue so agents can more efficiently triage cases and prioritize their time.
○ Community Agent 360 gives the agent useful context, surfacing a customer’s community history and showing if the customer recently viewed or created content, such as reading a community article or posting a comment.
○ Federated Search helps an agent quickly find records across Salesforce and external data sources such as Confluence, YouTube, Dropbox and Box.
○ Macro Builder lets agents quickly create reusable macros for specific customer service scenarios that agents can easily deploy if the issue arises again.
- Service Cloud Mobile app for iOS and Android will empower agents to provide personalized customer service from anywhere. With the new native mobile app, employees will be able to triage, manage and resolve cases while in meetings or on-the-go. Push notifications will help keep agents up to date on the status of their cases, making it easier for them to provide customers with fast, responsive service.