Reliance Industries has announced results for the quarter, and Reliance Jio has reported consolidated revenue from operations, including access revenues, of Rs 19,475 crore. The company has reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 3,489 crore, an increase of 15.5% over previous quarter. The total customer base of Reliance Jio was 410.8 million as on 31 December 2020.
Commenting on the results, Mukesh D Ambani, chairman and managing director, Reliance Industries Limited said: “India is today among the leaders driving the Digital Revolution in the world. In order to maintain this lead, Jio will continue to accelerate the rollout of its digital platforms and indigenously developed next generation 5G stack and make it affordable and available everywhere. Jio’s 5G service will be a testimony to the vision of AtmaNirbhar Bharat. Jio is determined to make India 2G-mukt, thereby empowering every Indian to have an affordable smartphone and be a part of digital and data revolution. We invite and encourage all stakeholders to work together to make world-class digital services available to every Indian consumer at the most affordable prices.”
Other Important Highlights of Reliance Jio
- Total customer gross addition was robust at 25.1 million despite Covid related constraints and local issues. Net subscriber addition of 40 million during CY20 is highest in the industry.
- Higher churn during the quarter at 1.63% due to continued impact of COVID and recent malicious and motivated campaigns against Reliance Group in select geographies.
- Jio honoured its commitment and made all domestic voice calls absolutely free from 1 January 2021. Jio had earlier assured its users that the charge for offnet outgoing calls would continue only till the time TRAI abolished IUC charges.
- During 3Q FY21, average data consumption per user per month was strong at 12.9 GB and average voice consumption was at 796 minutes per user per month.
- FTTH services witnessed increased uptake during the quarter on the back of unique offering and widespread network across the country. In a short period of time, Jio FTTH services have become the lifeline for millions of customers.
- Indigenously developed 5G Radio integrated with Jio’s 5G Core Network and 5G Smartphones have achieved over the air throughputs in excess of 1 Gbps. In-house Massive MIMO and indoor 5G small cell are under advanced stages of development.
- Besides deploying IoT solutions for Jio Home users, the Jio pan India IoT network is operational for application in connected vehicles, smart metering, connected assets and hospitality.