Reliance Industries has initiated a multi-pronged prevention, mitigation, and ongoing support strategy that is comprehensive, sustainable, and resilient. This approach can be ramped up further to scale as required by the nation, says a release from the company. Reliance Industries has deployed the combined strengths of Reliance Foundation, Reliance Retail, Jio, Reliance Life Sciences, Reliance Industries, and all the 6,00,000 members of the Reliance Family on this action plan against Coronavirus.
Collaboration Platform with Microsoft Teams
Jio is combining its digital capabilities with Microsoft Teams, the unified communication and collaboration hub for teamwork in Office 365, to enable individuals, students, educational and healthcare institutions to continue their professional lives while still practicing social distancing.
Health-Care At Home
Symptom Checker: Enables users to check their symptoms right at home to prevent unnecessary pressure on the medical system and also provides continuous real-time updates and information on the coronavirus situation.
Jio Haptik powers MyGov Corona Helpdesk: Reliance Industries Limited’s subsidiary Jio Haptik Technologies has powered the Indian government’s new WhatsApp chatbot, called 'MyGov Corona Helpdesk' to help address queries around the Coronavirus outbreak and disseminate verified information. This Chatbot has been developed by Jio Haptik for the Government as per their requirement, free of cost, and updated on real time.
- Medical consultation, right at home by connecting with physicians and doctors in real-time.
- Enables simple, secure collaboration and communication with chat, video, voice, and healthcare tools in a single hub.
- Communicate patient updates in real time through connections to electronic health records, business and office apps.
Learn From Home
- To enable students and teachers to go beyond video calling to scheduling classroom sessions, document and screen sharing and informal chat channels for real-time doubt clarification.
- Providing a communications hub for all lessons in a school year, with free storage available for individuals and teams.
Work From Home
- To enable consumers to hold remote audio and video meetings, have collaborative conversations and share files.
- Boost productivity with meeting recording, screen sharing and remote collaboration on documents.
- One-stop solution for all communication needs, with unlimited messaging, scheduling, chat and search app capabilities.
JioFiber, JioFi and Mobile Connectivity
Through JioFiber, JioFi and its mobility service, Jio will enable access to world-class and dependable Internet services.
JioFiber: To ensure that everyone stays connected while at home, Jio will provide Basic JioFiber broadband connectivity (10 Mbps), wherever it is geographically feasible, without any service charges, for this period. Jio will also provide home gateway routers with a minimum refundable deposit. For all existing JioFiber subscribers, Jio will provide double data across all plans.
Mobility: Jio will provide double-data across its 4G data add-on vouchers. It will also bundle non-Jio voice calling minutes in these vouchers at no additional cost, to meet the increased need of these services. As its ongoing commitment, Jio is ensuring that its mobility services are up and running at all times with the deployment of essential teams on rotation round the clock across the country.
All 736 grocery stores of Reliance Retail across the country will ensure a sufficient supply of essentials, including staples, fruits and vegetables, bread, breakfast cereals and other items of daily use so that citizens need not stock up.
- Activating order and pick-up from storefront so that the consumers and store staff are not exposed. It will also ensure a lesser number of people in the store
- Activating ordering from home and delivery for senior citizens e. To ply vehicles with essential items in certain areas for sale to customers at their doorsteps during the complete lockdown
- Provide hygiene products and sanitizers at Government announced rates in Reliance Retail
- Bundled ‘Work from Home’ solutions being provided to all consumers on www.Reliancedigital.in
Reliance Industries will continue to pay contract and temporary workers, even if work has halted due to this crisis. For those earning below Rs. 30,000 per month, salaries will be paid twice a month to protect their cash flow and mitigate any overwhelming financial burden. Reliance Industries has moved most of its employees to its Work-From-Home platform except for those who are manning critical roles in maintaining the Jio network for nearly 40 crore customers and for providing an uninterrupted supply of fuel, grocery and other essential items of daily consumption, adds the release from the company.