The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has opened applications for 450 Assistant posts for the year 2023. It is offering an exciting opportunity for eligible candidates to join the central bank of the country. These positions will play a crucial role in supporting the operations of the RBI. The selection process will involve a nationwide competitive examination in two stages: Preliminary and Main examinations, followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
What is the eligibility for RBI recruitment?
Before applying for the given positions candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria. Candidates will be allowed to appear for the examination based on the information provided in the online application. However, the final determination of eligibility will be made during the document verification.
RBI has set some common prerequisites for candidates applying for the 450 assistant posts.
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates should not be born earlier than 02/09/1995 and not later than 01/09/2003.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PwBD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- Candidates belonging to the Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defense service.
Website link opens: 13th September 2023 – 4th October 2023
Payment of Examination Fees (Online): 13th September 2023 – 4th October 2023
Tentative Schedule of Online Preliminary Test: 21st October 2023 and 23rd October 2023
Tentative Schedule of Online Main Test: 2nd December 2023
Candidates can check out the official website of RBI for detailed information about the vacancy including reserved categories, age relaxation, etc. Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the RBI website for complete information and submit their applications online.