Quad Fellowship program has been announced for students from Australia, India, Japan, or the United States pursuing STEM studies
Applications have been invited for the Quad Fellowship program, which has been launched by Quad partners Australia, India, Japan, and the United States. The fellowship aims at building ties among the next generation of scientists and technologists. The program will be administered along with a non-governmental taskforce, comprised of academic, foreign policy, and private sector leaders from each Quad country. As many as 100 exceptional American, Japanese, Australian, and Indian master’s and doctoral students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) will be selected to study in the United States under the fellowship.
Those selected for the Quad Fellowship program will receive a one-time award of $50,000 which can be used for tuition, research, fees, books, room and board, and related academic expenses such as registration fees, and research-related travel. Apart from this, Quad fellows will also be eligible to apply for a needs-based funding of up to $25,000 to cover costs related to completing graduate-level studies. In addition to financial support, Quad Fellows will have access to a variety of programming opportunities.
Who Can Apply for Quad Fellowship?
Students with the following qualifications can apply for the Quad Fellowship program:
- Students must be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of Australia, India, Japan, or the United States.
- Those who wish to pursue the fellowship must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a STEM field by August 2023.
- Students should have a demonstrated record of superior academic achievement at the undergraduate level.
- If applicants are currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program, they may apply if they will be enrolled in a qualified academic program during their time as a Fellow, which is from August 2023 to May 2024.
Which Graduate STEM Fields are Eligible for Quad Fellowship?
Students pursuing degrees in the following STEM fields are eligible for funding:
- Behavioral sciences.
- Biological sciences.
- Computer and information sciences.
- Physical sciences.
- Applicants with bachelor’s degrees in social sciences are eligible to apply so long as they will be enrolled in an eligible STEM degree program in the academic year from 2023 to 2024.
Clinical healthcare degrees such as doctorates of medicine and master’s of science in nursing are not eligible for funding. Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the official website for more information.