- DRDO Recruitment 2021: RAC Invites Applications from Engineers for JRF Vacancies, Salary Rs 31,000
- IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2021: Online Applications to Begin for 469 New Vacancies at Pipelines Division
- TiE Sustainability Summit clocks 25,000 plus registrations from Social Enterprises across 54 countries
- How to rely on SaaS and not regret it
- IIT Hyderabad Invites Applications for Junior Research Fellow Vacancy, Stipend Rs 31,000
- Palo Alto Cybersecurity Virtual Internship 2021: Students Can Apply for 5,000 Internships, Participants to Get Certificates
- Qlik acquires Big Squid for augmented analytics with no-code automated ML
- unluclass launches a class on Blockchain, Crypto & NFT by WazirX founder
- IOCL Recruitment 2021: Applications Invited from Postgraduates for 71 New Vacancies, Salary up to Rs 1,40,000
- Key objective of digital enterprise – Experience
PM Narendra Modi today flags off his much ambitious ‘Digital India’ initiative aiming to connect the entire country through broadband by 2019. Charting the roadmap for the ‘Digital India’ scheme worth Rs 1,00, 000 crore, PM Modi announced a plethora of projects including initiatives on digital locker, Swachh Bharat Mission App, Aadhaar Mobile Update app, center of excellence on IoT, eHospitals, National Scholarship Portal, amongst many.
Under this initiative, the government has developed e-hospital portal where major hospitals which include AIIMS, Ram Monohar Lohia Hospital, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences. According to reports, four institutes have been enrolled with e-hospital portal.
Another commendable initiative is digital locker which will eliminate the need for people to carry the hard copies of the certificates issued by states, municipal agencies, and other bodies. Birth certificates, school and college leaving certificates, residence and marriage proof, and even PAN cards will be digitized.
Other prominent initiative is ‘Digitize India Platform’ which aims at ensuring the government services are made available to citizens electronically by reducing paperwork. The initiative also includes plan to connect rural areas with high-speed internet networks.
Another much-talked initiative is Swachh Bharat Mission App where citizens can share pictures of unclean spots in their city and take the necessary action by inviting friends/co-workers for a cleanliness drive.