Oracle announced two new models of its Oracle Database Appliance bringing all of the performance and reliability of Oracle’s Engineered Systems to small and mid-sized businesses for the first time.
In addition, as organizations seek opportunities to transition to the cloud, Oracle’s new database appliances provide a bridge between on-premise systems and the cloud. In the future, organizations plan to connect their ODAs to the Oracle Public Cloud to seamlessly backup their data automatically.
“Bringing in Oracle Database Appliances definitely reduced the complexity of our environment and allowed us to support our 25X data growth over the past few years,” said Jacqueline Hufford-Jenson, Senior Manager, Database Administration, LifeLock, a fast growing mid-market company. “Today, using the Oracle database appliance straight out of the box, we get significantly reduced latency which has played a role in helping us grow as a company.”
Oracle’s portfolio of Database Appliances, like all Oracle Engineered Systems, enables businesses to simplify their journey to the cloud. Customers can backup or archive their critical data, and easily move their workloads to the Oracle Cloud whenever needed. Central to these new versions of the ODA is support for the Oracle Database Standard Edition 2 and Oracle Database Enterprise Edition.
“We’re excited to bring the power, simplicity and capabilities of Oracle’s Engineered Systems at a price point that allows every organization to save time and money,” said Jim Gargan, Senior Vice President of Oracle Converged Infrastructure. “With the family of Database Appliances, Oracle offers built-in expertise for single instance database and high availability deployments, all while providing a bridge between on premise systems and the cloud, enabling all of our customers to capitalize on their investment.”
Added features of the Oracle Database Appliance include:
· Starting price of $18,000 for new entry level database appliance for single or small database instances;
· Reducing time to value, customers can deploy in as little as 30 minutes;
· A range of Database Appliances that are designed to run single instance databases, database consolidation of multiple databases and high availability designs;
· NVMe Flash drives for ultimate performance and reliability;
· Integration to Oracle Cloud, allowing businesses to backup and archive their critical data as well as migrate workloads to the cloud when ready.