OnePlus5 will be unveiled in New York today at 12pm (IST 9:30pm). It will be officially launched on June 22 in India. The phone’s price is kept at Rs. 32,999 for the 6GB RAM/ 64GB inbuilt storage variant, and Rs. 37,999 for the 8GB RAM/ 128GB inbuilt storage variant.
A pop-up event is organized by OnePlus on June 20 in New York. Live streaming of the event will be given for users worldwide on the company’s US official website. Pop-up events will be held in Paris, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and Berlin on Wednesday. In India the phone will be launched on June 22, with pop-up events scheduled to be hosted in New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Bengaluru over the next two days. Fans going to these pop-up events will have a chance to experience the phone’s feature and to buy the phone on the spot via selling units there.
The phone’s features are as follows:
• The phone will have Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC
• A QHD display with a range of DCI-P3 colours to ensure colour accuracy has been rumored in the past.
• Horizontal Dual camera set-up built in partnership with DxO that has a 20-megapixel sensor with f/2.6 aperture and a 16-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture
• The front camera comes with a 16-megapixel sensor
• The phone is rumored to have a 5.5-inch full-HD (1080x1920 pixels) display
• A 3300mAh battery and Bluetooth 5.0 are also a part of the phone
• Front-facing finger print sensor
The phone’s design is said to be similar to the design of iPhone7plus with the dual camera at the back and finger print sensors in the front. OnePlus tags the phone as the “slimmest flagship smartphone”. With the features of the smartphone being revealed by Oneplus there is an enthusiasm amongst the techies for the release of the phone. However the sales of the phone on June 22 will depict its stand in the Indian industry.