NTT DATA announced its acquisition of Dell Services has closed, expanding the company’s brand and IT services leadership globally. The newly acquired business, which on an interim basis will be called NTT DATA Services, expands NTT DATA’s ability to deliver insights, solutions and outcomes that lead to tangible business results for clients.
“Welcoming Dell Services into NTT DATA is a milestone acquisition in our effort to partner with clients as they navigate the digital disruptions in today’s markets,” said Toshio Iwamoto, president and CEO of NTT DATA Corporation. “As a top 10 global business and technology services provider, we have been aggressively expanding our international business, boldly pursuing growth as a ‘Global IT Innovator.’ The acquisition of Dell Services is another step toward achieving our vision of becoming a top five global IT services leader.”
The combined company represents one of the industry’s most comprehensive services portfolios designed to modernize business and technology. NTT DATA’s expanded capabilities and scale include:
· Increased strength in industry consulting and vertical solutions in major segments, including healthcare and life sciences, financial services and insurance, public sector, manufacturing and commercial industries
· Vertically-focused Business Process Outsourcing and Business Process-as-a-Service solutions
· Expanded, full lifecycle services in applications and infrastructure
· Accelerated innovation and investments in additional areas including digital, cloud, automation and analytics
· Vast global delivery network with an expanded global presence, particularly in North America, Europe, India, Asia and the Middle East
· Together with NTT Group, one of the world’s largest data center footprints with more than 240 data centers globally
John McCain, CEO of NTT DATA, Inc., will have overall responsibility for leading the business.
“With our combined expertise, services and resources, there’s simply no better team to enable clients to stay a step ahead in highly competitive markets,” said McCain. “We have extremely complementary portfolios. More importantly, both companies have always had an unwavering dedication to client success. Our clients and employees are very enthusiastic about the opportunities this acquisition creates.”
“I’m very glad to see this business, which has made great strides, find such a strong fit in NTT DATA where it will be able to continue its momentum,” said Suresh Vaswani, president of NTT DATA Services, formerly Dell Services. “I will remain in my current role to lead the business through the end of January 2017, to ensure a smooth transition through its current fiscal year.”
The organizational structure will be aligned for a vertically-oriented go-to-market strategy, with key leaders (effective April 1, 2017) listed here.
Wells Fargo Securities acted as lead financial advisor to NTT DATA, Inc. J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC also acted as financial advisors to NTT DATA, Inc. Citigroup acted as lead financial advisor to Dell Inc.