If you are one of those Indians who has always dreaded the thought, complexity and hassle of getting an appointment with a government official, now there is an easy way. The Indian government, which has launched a series of digital initiatives, has launched one more interesting digital initiative.
The government of India has launched a website called MyVisit.gov.in which enables any citizen to book an appointment with any government officer in any department. Currently, more than 80 ministries are part of this platform. Since launch, the website has received more than 730 appointments.
The cloud based application software has been developed by NIC and can be easily implemented in any government office / Ministry / Bhawan with minimum customization efforts. Government officers can also login to an ‘Organization Registration’ page and put in relevant details of the officers. This facility assists in maintaining all-relevant information about the visitor, which is automatically saved in a database. This application is integrated with a visitors’ Aadhaar card facility, if he or she has one.
This initiative enables citizens to have a smooth and simple process of making an appointment. It is expected that this will bridge the gap between the Government and the common man and will enhance the opportunity of a common man to meet a government officer, hassle free. It has advanced features of eliminating all the cumbersome and tedious procedure of making a request for an appointment and then visiting the premises.
The procedure for applying the visit request is as follows:
- Prospective visitors are requested to submit the visit details in the prescribed format as shown in the Registration page.
- The visit details as entered (registration number, date of visit and approval status) are communicated to the visitor through SMS / email
- The visit requested will be authenticated / verified by the officer to be visited through this eVisitor module operational at the ministry
- The current approval status of the visit can also be checked by the visitor on the website by entering the registered number
- The status of visit approval / change in visiting time will be communicated to the visitor through SMS / email
- Visitor pass will be issued to the approved visitors after capturing a photograph at the reception counter.
You can access the MyVisit website here