NIT Karnataka is currently accepting applications for a free online summer school on Machine and Deep Learning for Remote Sensing Applications. The program is being jointly organised by IEEE GRSS Bangalore Section, NIT Karnataka IEEE Student Branch, and the Department Of Electronics and Communication Engineering, NIT Karnataka Surathkal. The virtual summer school will be conducted from 5 to 16 July 2021.
NIT Karnataka, through the summer school, aims at introducing participants to the fundamentals of remote sensing image processing and analysis, and building confidence and capability amongst the participants in the application of remote sensing, image processing and analysis using machine and deep learning are among other objectives. Instructors from IITs, NIT, IIIT, IIST, ISRO and the industry will conduct the course.
Who Can Participate in the NIT Karnataka Online Summer School on Machine and Deep Learning
While preference will be given to IEEE GRSS, and IEEE members, the free online summer course is open to the following participants as well:
- PhD, MTech, MSc, and third year BTech students.
- Faculty members from academic institutions.
- Engineers and researchers from Industry organizations including R&D laboratories.
Some of the Topics That Will Be Covered in the NIT Karnataka Online Summer School on Machine and Deep Learning
The course will present tutorials for the application of machine and deep learning for remote sensing data. It also highlights many real applications of remote sensing and contains sessions for the participants who may not have a strong background in the field. Some of the topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Introduction and applications of remote sensing.
- Remote sensing in ecology and forestry applications.
- Fundamental of image processing concepts for remote sensing.
- Introduction and mathematical understanding of ANN.
- Theoretical aspects of deep learning in geospatial technology.
- Machine learning for SAR data analysis.
- Geospatial data processing and analysis with Python and GDAL.
- Atmospheric correction of satellite data using Python.
- Introduction and mathematical understanding of 2D CNN.
- Machine learning for data processing in earth sciences, and so on.
How to Apply for NIT Karnataka Online Summer School
Interested participants will have to submit their applications through a Google form before 28 June 2021. Selected participants will be notified by 1 July 2021, and a pre-summer meeting will be held with the selected participants on 2 July 2021 at 5:30 PM IST. Interested participants are advised to go through the official course brochure in detail prior to submitting applications.