NIOS results 2021 are likely to be announced somewhere in the first week of August 2021, as per sources in the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). While an official word on the same is not yet available, the source has said that results are already being tabulated according to the criteria of evaluation unveiled earlier this month.
The policy for the tabulation of marks for secondary and senior secondary public examinations that were supposed to be held in June 2021 will be based on the past performance and tutor-marked assignments (TMA) submitted by students. NIOS had also extended the last date to submit assignments up to 15 June 2021 with a late fee for its students due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Important Details on How NIOS Results 2021 will be Announced
The board has announced that for senior secondary students the result will be calculated by adopting a formula based on the mean of maximum theory marks and a minimum of five marks in theory multiplied by TMA ratio, and for secondary students, the result will be calculated by adopting a formula based on the mean of maximum which is theory plus practical marks and minimum theory plus practical marks in the subject multiplied by TMA ratio that is marks obtained in TMA by total TMA marks in the subject. Some of the other important details with regard to NIOS results 2021 are as follows:
- The last date for submission of TMAs with late fee was 15 June 2021, and the assignments received after the due date will not be considered for NIOS results 2021.
- Minimum 26 marks will be given in theory where TMA marks are 7 out of eight or nine in non-practical subjects where maximum theory marks is 80 both for secondary and senior secondary.
- Minimum 21 marks in theory and seven marks in practical will be given where TMA marks secured or either 5 out of 6 or seven in practical subjects like physics, chemistry, biology and so on where maximum 30 marks is 64 in senior secondary.
- Minimum 27 marks will be given in theory and practical together where TMA marks are 67 or eight in practical subjects like mathematics, science, technology, home science and so on where maximum theory marks is 68 and maximum practical marks in secondary.
- For computer science minimum of 16 marks in theory and 13 marks in practical will be given in theory where TMA marks is four or five.
- The TMA and or practical marks secured by the learner shall be reflected along with the theory marks in the marks statement.
- If students are not satisfied with the NIOS results 2021, they will be given an option to appear in the next public exams or on-demand examinations when the situation becomes conducive to hold the examinations.
- The result will be declared as non-computable for learners who do not have any past performance and TMA awards are not available or applicable in the subjects registered for June 20 21 examinations. Such learners will be required to appear in the next public exams or on-demand examinations when the situation becomes conducive for holding examinations. Those who wish to know more about result tabulation are advised to go through the latest NIOS notification in detail.