NIOS result 2020 for students of class 10 and 12 can be accessed on DigiLocker, an online service provided by the Ministry of Electronics and IT, Government of India under its Digital India initiative. NIOS students will be able to access digital marksheets, migration and provisional certificates on the platform. Apart from NIOS result 2020, results and relevant certificates from 1990 can also be obtained.
“Good News for NIOS Class X and XII students! Digital Marksheets, Migration and Provisional Certificates for the year 1990 to 2020 are coming soon in DigiLocker. Download DigiLocker app for Online, Offline and Anytime access to your digital certificates,” tweeted DigiLocker.
National Institute of Open Schooling has cancelled exams for class 10 and 12 students due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. NIOS result 2020 will be declared based on the basis of an assessment scheme that has been finalized by the component committee. As a one time measure, students who are unhappy with their results have an option to appear in the next public examination or on demand examination to improve their results.
While the exact date of announcement of NIOS result 2020 is unknown, the Supreme Court has directed the board to announce results before 7 August 2020 so that the admission process for further studies of the students does not get affected.
How to Access NIOS Result 2020 and Certificates on DigiLocker
Students and parents will first have to download the DigiLocker app from Google Play or App Store. DigiLocker will create accounts of students using the mobile numbers shared by NIOS. The following is the expected protocol that may be followed by DigiLocker, as this was how the results and certificates were made available for CBSE students by the platform:
- Students will then receive an SMS on their mobile number registered with NIOS.
- Students should use the registered mobile number to login to their accounts.
- The OTP number received against the registered mobile number must be entered.
- Students will then need to enter the last 6 digits of their roll number as the security PIN and then login.
- After successful login, students will need to go to ‘Issued Document’ section of DigiLocker where all class X or XII certificates will be available.
How to Access NIOS Result 2020 without Registered Mobile Number
Students who have not provided the correct mobile numbers will need to sign up on DigiLocker and link their Aadhaar numbers. “If they are not able to perform Aadhaar-OTP verification, Aadhaar can also be linked by entering demographic details (Aadhaar Number, Name, DoB and Gender as per Aadhaar). So even if Aadhaar is not linked to a correct mobile number, it still can be linked to DigiLocker account,” says DigiLocker.
- After successful login, students should click on the ‘Browse’ and select the ‘National Institute of Open Schooling’ in the Education category.
- The required documents such as marksheet, passing certificate or migration certificate will then need to be selected.
- Details such as year and roll number must be entered to get Class X or XII Certificates in the individual’s DigiLocker Account.
Suppose the above methods do not work, students can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.