The NIOS exams 2021 for students of class 10 and 12 are all set to be held from 22 January to 15 February 2021. Although the National Institute of Open Schooling is firm on conducting the examinations by following all the required norms of social distancing. Students and parents have been requesting for the cancellation of the NIOS examinations. While a section of students and parents are hoping for postponement of the exams, the rest are asking for a cancellation of the NIOS exams 2021 with a request for promotion of the students to the next class.
“Please take a look at NIOS October students. We all are in depression about exams. Please promote us or reduce some syllabus, you guys have already wasted our one year. We want justice we want promotion,” says a student like several others. Students and parents have also provided certain reasons regarding their demands.
Reasons Why NIOS Exams 2021 Must be Postponed or Cancelled According to Class 10 and 12 Students
- Books have been delivered late to students due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and some students in remote or rural areas are still waiting for study material.
- All coaching centres were closed on the orders of the Government of India due to the lockdown due to which students could not take tuitions.
- The syllabus has not been reduced by NIOS for students unlike other Boards in the country.
- Fear of infection due to having to attend centres amidst the pandemic.
- A year has been lost due to the delay in examinations.
However, while there has been no other official statement on the matter, NIOS has tweeted on the lack of study material saying: “The study materials are dispatched directly to learner’s address. However, learners can also refer the study materials available on NIOS portal including video lectures on NIOS official YouTube channel.”