Can you give an overview of emerging technologies you have deployed?
It is true 2018 was surely a transformative year for technological innovation. We have taken an initiative and implemented Disaster Recovery as a service (DRaaS) as a part of Risk management for the Organization. As it is an important process that to ensure the rapid recovery of applications, data and infrastructure that are critical to business operations in the event of a natural disaster, network or infrastructure failure or human error.
Which are the functions/departments in your organization that are starting first with the emerging technologies?
Information Technology (IT) department has launched its emerging technologies initiative for below reasons.
- Business continuity: Business continuity and Disaster Recovery is a set of processes and techniques used to help an organization recover from a disaster and continue or resume routine business operations.
- Customers want access 24/7/365: The average customer now expects the information they want to access to be available whenever it is convenient for them. The only way to ensure that business mitigates its interruptions is to have DR.
Disaster Recovery is a solution that ensures, business will continue to operate as close to normal daily operations as possible In addition to planning, the disaster recovery process also involves testing and accessing a separate physical site at a distance to restore critical business function.
How will emerging technologies like AI, Machine Learning, IOT, Big Data, Augmented Reality, Analytics etc will change the fabric of IT organizations?
Viewed DRaaS has the main aim of protecting business data and systems as identified below:
- Drastic reduction of restore times and lower RTO & RPO: As DR solution we have the warranty to restore systems, services and applications in short times. According to the parameters defined from DR Plan, we could drastically reduce restore times on the basis of our needs, which would be completely impossible without using a DR solution.
- Minimize the interruption of Critical Processes and safeguard business operations: Company has critical processes that must be always active and are vital for the business continuity. Through a DR solution these kinds of processes will be preserved and possible interruptions minimized, by allowing a short resume to operations.
- Avoid to compromise the business reputation: Downtimes caused by unexpected incidents seriously threaten the firm’s reputation. A short recovery avoid to compromise the business strength as well as to cause irreversible damage to the corporate image.
Emerging tech best practices and deployment strategies
The key factors in an emerging technology deployment strategy, Cloud computing is becoming a mainstream part of the IT world, with far-reaching impacts for business. It’s crucial, therefore, that IT leaders and enterprise architects prepare an overarching could strategy for organizations. Technology transfer process has been one of the most important activities in management of innovations in products, processes and services. It has been realized that critical factors related to Technology Transfer process need to be identified and evaluated.