National scholarship scheme 2021 has been announced by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, and students who have passed class 12 may apply for the scheme. The scheme was launched in 2018 to provide financial assistance to meritorious students who have a family income of less than Rs 6 lakh per annum, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. Selected candidates will be paid Rs 10,000 per annum for the first three years and Rs 20,000 per annum for the fourth and fifth years.
A total of 82,000 scholarships will be distributed under the scheme every year, wherein 41,000 scholarships are allocated for boys and 41,000 are allocated for girls. Students who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular Board of Examination in class 12 and pursuing regular courses and not availing the benefit of any other scholarships are eligible to apply under this Scheme, says the Indian Government. The scholarship amount will be disbursed directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries.
Important Guidelines About the National Scholarship Scheme 2021
Students who wish to apply for the National Scholarship Scheme 2021 will need to take note of the following important guidelines:
- Students pursuing diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
- Students pursuing correspondence or distance mode courses are not eligible to apply.
- Students should be pursuing regular courses in colleges or institutions recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education, UGC Act, 1956, Medical Council of India, or Dental Council of India.
- Applicants availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State-run scholarship schemes or fee waiver and reimbursement schemes are not eligible to apply for the scheme.
- The online applications would be verified at two levels, which are by the institute where the student is studying, and by the respective state education board.
- An application that is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned state education board or by both will be treated as invalid.
- A scholarship under the scheme is renewable on year to year basis up to the post-graduate level in the same stream, except for the students pursuing technical courses leading to a degree at graduation level.
How to Apply for the National Scholarship Scheme 2021
Interested and eligible candidates will have to submit applications on the scholarship.gov.in portal before 30 November 2021 under the “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” for fresh and renewals. Those who wish to know more about the National Scholarship Scheme 2021 are advised to visit the official website for further information.