L’Oréal India is inviting applications from girls who have who have passed class 12 from the science stream in 2022
L’Oréal India has announced the latest edition of the ‘For Young Women in Science’ Scholarship (FYWIS) 2022, a nationwide merit-based scholarship program providing a platform for aspiring girls to pursue their graduation in the field of science. L’Oréal India is inviting applications from young girls for the program, of which the successful candidates will be granted a scholarship sum of up to Rs 2,50,000 to cover their academic expenses. An extension of the international ‘L’Oréal UNESCO for Women in Science’ partnership, the program aims at recognising the contribution of women in shaping the future of science by assisting and supporting them to fulfil their ambitions.
Krishna Vilasini Bharadwaj, Director – Corporate Affairs and Engagement, L’Oréal India said, “Today, great strides are being made to ensure equal representation in science and gaining access to STEM education remains incredibly challenging for women in India. By providing them with financial assistance, this scholarship aims to create avenues for meritorious girls to pursue varied scientific disciplines. Since its inception, the ‘For Young Women in Science’ scholarship programme has successfully empowered 485 young women in the field of science. We look forward to inspiring many more young minds and helping them build a bright future and contribute towards society.”
Who Can Apply for L’Oréal India Scholarship?
The ‘For Young Women in Science’ scholarship (FYWIS) is aimed at helping young women from lesser privileged backgrounds to pursue science-based graduation programs at any reputed academic institution of their choice. The program is open for graduate studies in any field of science - pure sciences, applied sciences, engineering, and medicine, among others. The details of the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Only girl students who have passed class 12 from the science stream with a minimum of 85% marks in PCM, PCB or PCMB in the current academic year (2021-22) can apply for the scholarship.
- The applicants must have procured admission into an undergraduate or bachelor’s program in a science-related field at a recognized college or university in India in the current academic year, 2022-23.
- The candidates’ annual family income should be less than Rs 6 Lakh.
How to Apply for L’Oréal India Scholarship?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through official website before 16 October 2022. Some of the important points are as follows:
- The applicant needs to register first by using their email, mobile or gmail account.
- Candidate will be redirected to L'Oréal India’s ‘For Young Women in Science’ scholarship application form page.
- Applicants have to fill in the required details in the online application form.
- The necessary documents will then have two be uploaded as part of the application process.
- Applicants have bene advised to read the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and indicate the acceptance to move ahead towards submitting the application.
How Candidates Will be Selected for L’Oréal India Scholarship?
After screening and shortlisting of the applications received, the selected candidates undergo a telephonic interview round, after which the selected candidates along with their parents are invited for a face-to-face interview with a jury comprising eminent scientists, academicians, and journalists. This year, the jury round will be organized in a hybrid mode - candidates will have the option of in-person at locations like Mumbai, New Delhi/NCR, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Kolkata, or attend virtually.