Lok Sabha Internship 2021 is now open for graduate and postgraduate students in the age groups of 18 to 25. The opportunity, called Lok Sabha Training Programme on Innovation, Research and Development (LSTPIRD), aims at engaging exceptional Indian citizens for an internship that can be one to eleven months long. The interns will be paid an amount of Rs 25,000 per month during the internship period. Selected interns will be engaged at the Parliamentary Research and Training Institute for Democracies (PRIDE).
Who Can Apply for Lok Sabha Internship 2021?
The internship opportunity is open to the following candidates, who will be provided opportunities in the different fields of procedural aspects of the working of Lok Sabha:
- Indian citizens between 18 and 25 years of age and possessing graduation or postgraduation in any discipline such as social science and environment, international relations, law, journalism, finance, management, or languages, from recognized Institutes in India or Abroad as of 9 June 2021.
- Applicants having work experience in any field such as research, counseling, management, marketing, or computers will be given preference.
- Candidates who are pursuing professional courses and have passed the first year of their 4 or 5 years professional course, may also apply for the Lok Sabha Internship 2021.
Expectations from Candidates Selected for Lok Sabha Internship 2021
The official notification says that the services of interns with expertise in their area of study, well versed with the advanced technologies or software will be used for quality enhancement and acceleration of various ongoing programs and research in the Secretariat. Inducted interns will be expected to do the following:
- Enrich PRIDE with the help of the latest technology by creating a strong database of all academic papers related to legislation and development.
- Develop Parliament-related apps for increasing the interface of Members of Parliament and their different data and work.
- Provide high-quality research and preparing analysis briefs of different legislations.
- Track important developments in important sectors and prepare notes for use by Members of Parliament.
- Write thematic briefs on important policy issues.
- Preparing course material for fixed programs of PRIDE, giving logistic support to PRIDE, data analysis and updation of data for future use, analysing best practices in different areas and preparing briefs.
How to Apply for Lok Sabha Internship 2021?
Interested candidates will have to submit their application in the given format on the email ID email@example.com or send a hard copy to PRIDE, Room No. G-083, Ground Floor, PLB, New Delhi with all the relevant documents before 25 June 2021. Furthermore, applicants will also have to submit a Statement of Purpose in about two hundred words along with the application. Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the official notification in detail prior to submitting applications.