- Adobe Substance 3D now empowers retail and fashion brands to seamlessly transition into 3D content creation, reimagining how products are designed, prototyped and delivered to customers across digital channels
- Global brands including Lowe’s Home Improvement, Amazon, HUGO BOSS, Louis Vuitton, H&M and Burberry are working with Adobe, leveraging Substance 3D applications to deliver hyper-realistic digital renderings of products
- Adobe innovations enable teams to craft 3D and immersive customer experiences, including virtual fitting rooms and personalized e-commerce solutions
In addition to announcing new clients including Amazon, Louis Vuitton, and Burberry, Adobe today unveiled Substance 3D solutions designed specifically for the retail and fashion industries. Substance 3D Stager, Sampler, Designer, Painter, and Modeler are just a few of the five applications in Adobe’s 3D design ecosystem that enable businesses to reimagine their value chains, from initial concept and prototyping to marketing, e-commerce, and brand-new immersive experiences for customers.
The retail and fashion sectors are at a crossroads because of the push to produce more sustainable, efficient operations while also meeting the growing customer demand for more products each season. Modern organisations must extend their content generation capabilities effectively and economically while delivering best-in-class client experiences.
Leading game developers already rely on Adobe’s Substance 3D apps for the development of digital content, and these applications are currently revolutionising the retail and fashion industries. Global companies including Amazon, Lowe’s Home Improvement, HUGO BOSS, Louis Vuitton, H&M, and Burberry have utilised Substance 3D to enhance their product design and visualisation processes and speed up the production of digital content on a large scale.
Using Substance 3D applications, product design and marketing teams can more efficiently create and iterate new offerings without the need to physically sample and ship apparel, accessories or product catalogs. Photorealistic 3D prototypes and designs enable more adaptable development pipelines, empowering teams to focus on creativity. With considerable savings of both time and resources, brands can focus on driving new and innovative consumer experiences, including virtual fitting rooms, individually personalized e-commerce solutions and more.“Adobe Substance 3D is an integral part of our 3D production workflow,” said Durai Murugan Veerasamy, Head of WW Digital Studios at Amazon.
“The non-destructive workflow offers many advantages that help us create 3D assets that transform passive imagery and video into active experiences that customers can tailor to their own needs.”“Adobe Substance 3D tools consistently deliver high-quality CGI imagery for our 3D models and Room Scenes. Utilizing their expertise and attention to detail, we were able to develop a streamlined process which in return has given us faster turnaround times and lower cost,” said Mike Gil, manager of advertising production at Lowe’s Home Improvement.
“The benefit of applying a Substance material in CLO on to a workinprogress and being able to change the parameters of the material on-the-go really sets a new standard,” said John-Daniel Isacsson, design process developer at H&M.
Adobe’s Substance 3D solutions for retail and fashion include the following applications:
- Substance 3D Stager: Adobe’s fully equipped virtual studio enables designers to assemble full 3D scenes including assets, materials, lights and cameras. With infinite creative control, brands can create multiplecustomized environments to help online consumers realistically view products in context – zooming out to gaugethe size of a couch, or zooming in to determine whether a texture matches their desired aesthetic.
- Substance 3D Sampler: Real-life pictures are easily transformed into physically accurate materials and models with time-saving features powered by Adobe Sensei. To scale collections from season to season, designers canre-use popular fabrics created in Sampler to quickly expand product offerings as they anticipate new trends.
- Substance 3D Designer: The industry standard tool for parametric material authoring enables the seamlesscreation of materials and patterns. When working with materials such as leather, apparel brands can choose color, grain direction and uniformity, degrees of roughness or smoothness, and wear level to bring the product to life.
- Substance 3D Painter: Adobe’s go-to 3D texturing app helps designers achieve remarkable surface details with ultra-realistic Smart Materials. Brands can reproduce real-life material behaviors including sheen, tarnishing or clear-coating to showcase details on products such as footwear, from patent leather to extreme wear and tear.
- Substance 3D Modeler: A flexible tool for sketching and concepting product designs in an intuitive hybrid workflow, combining VR and traditional desktop creativity. Brands can build virtual clay-inspired prototypes from scratch to create limitless designs – from new toys to headphones, handbags and more.
- Substance 3D Assets Library: Integrated into and connecting all Substance 3D applications, the 3D Assets library hosts more than 15,000 customizable objects, lights and materials created by specialists and world-class guest artists, enabling brands to quickly develop and customize their ideal virtual runways, sets and studios.
- “Our Substance 3D ecosystem empowers designers to texture and render easily and intuitively,” said Sébastien Deguy, vice president and head of 3D at Adobe. “As today’s retailers and e-commerce businesses need 3D tools to address skyrocketing demands for digital content, Adobe’s Substance 3D collection of apps for retail and fashion reimagines their content pipelines, unlocking increased creativity and efficiency for these influential industries.”Girish Balachandran, Senior Director & Head of Digital Media Business, Adobe India said, “Customers’ demands for visual experiences are evolving constantly. To increase customer satisfaction, brands must stay ahead of the curve and create experiences that surprise and excite consumers. We are proud to partner with leading retail and fashion brands to help them in building customer trust with more visuals and interactive experiences so that they can have an informed approach towards their buying decisions.”Transitioning to 3D content pipelines enables substantial reductions in creative production time, resources and carbon emissions. According to a recent Pfeiffer Report, companies can see a 90% reduction of hours and resources by using Substance 3D workflows in place of traditional physical photoshoots. Adobe’s recently launched Substance 3D Sustainability Calculator helps businesses estimate how transitioning projects to 3D will contribute to faster, more economical outcomes while conserving the planet’s natural resources. By reducing physical prototyping waste, designers can focus on what matters most: delivering compelling products and experiences to consumers.During the National Retail Federation (NRF) Conference, Adobe showcased its growing footprint in the retail industry: Adobe is at the heart of the digital economy, with commerce solutions now powering over 85% of top 100 U.S. retailers.