Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has introduced the WhatsApp-based ticket booking system for all lines in the Delhi National Capital Region (NCR) including the Gurugram Rapid Metro. This metro ticketing system has been launched in partnership with Meta and has Pelocal Fintech Pvt. Ltd. as a license partner.
DMRC inducts the system to provide passengers with a simple and effective means of transportation. By using this Metro WhatsApp ticket passengers can travel with convenience. They can buy tickets and commute to their destination without getting into the hassle of standing in queues and buying tokens.
The system is currently available for 12 metro lines and 288 metro stations in Delhi NCR including the Gurugram Rapid Metro and it is also available in both languages i.e. Hindi and English for consumer convenience.
Guidelines to keep in mind before booking
- One can generate six QR tickets in a single transaction.
- Tickets will be available for sales hours from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. for all metro lines. While for Airport Line's it will be open from 4 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- One cannot cancel a ticket while using the WhatsApp ticketing system.
- Purchases made via credit/debit cards will be subjected to a small convenience fee, whereas, UPI transactions are free from these charges.
- After entering the metro station, passengers will have a 65-minute window to exit.
Passengers can use the QR-based ticket to scan the available QR code at the entry gate of the metro station.
How to book tickets on the Delhi metro WhatsApp ticketing system?
- Text 'HI' and send it to +91 9650855800. Or, you can also scan the supplied QR code on any metro station. Select the language as per your preference.
- Select 'Buy Ticket'
- Enter the stations from source to destination.
- Select the number of tickets required.
- Review your trip information
- Make payment through the online payment link that will be sent to you.
- You will then receive a QR-based ticket on WhatsApp after completing the payment.