ISRO YUVIKA 2023 has been announced for schools students of class 8, and those selected will get to spend two weeks at ISRO centres
ISRO YUVIKA 2023 is soon going to be conducted by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), and students of class 8 can take part in the program. YUVIKA, which is an abbreviation for “YUva VIgyani KAryakram” aims at educating students on the emerging trends in space science and technology, and invoking a sense of curiosity amongst the youth of the country.
ISRO says that the organisation has chalked out this program with an intent to “Catch them young” Furthermore, ISRO aims at encouraging students to take up a career or research in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Selected students will get to spend nearly two weeks at ISRO centres and the costs towards the course material, lodging and boarding will be borne by ISRO through the entire duration of ISRO YUVIKA 2023.
How Will School Students Be Selected for ISRO YUVIKA 2023?
Applicants will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Marks obtained in Class 8 or last conducted exam.
- Performance in the online quiz.
- Participation in science fair in school, district, state or levels above that in the past three years.
- Rank in Olympiad or equivalent from 1st to 3rd rank in school, district, state or levels above that in the past three years.
- Winners of sport competitions from 1st to 3rd rank in school, district, state or levels above that in the past three years.
- Membership in Scout and guides, NCC or NSS in the last three years.
- Studying in village or rural school located in Panchayat area.
Where Will ISRO YUVIKA 2023 Be Conducted?
A minimum participation will be ensured from each State or Union Territory. The program is planned at seven centres of ISRO namely:
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun.
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram.
- Satish Dhavan Space Center (SDSC) Sriharikota.
- UR Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru.
- Space Application Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad.
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad.
- North-East Space Application Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong.
How to Register for ISRO YUVIKA 2023?
The registrations for ISRO YUVIKA 2023 will begin from 20 March 2023, and based on previous year trends, this is usually how registration for the Young Scientist Program is done:
- Complete an email registration.
- Students will then have to submit the online application form and download the submitted form.
- Signed copies of all the required certificates will have to be uploaded before the last date.
- Registration ends on 3 April 2023.
- The first selection list will be released on 10 April 2023.
- The second list will be released on 20 April 2023.
- Selected students will have to report to their respective centres before 14 May 2023, and ISRO YUVIKA will be conducted from 15 to 26 May 2023.
Expenditure towards only the travel of selected student of second AC train or AC Volvo will be borne by ISRO. Those who wish to apply for the program are advised to go through the official website for more information.
Leave a Reply