ISRO recruitment 2019 is being conducted at one of the leading and largest centres of the Indian Space Research Organisation, the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC). There are a total of 20 positions available of which 10 are for junior research fellows (JRF) and 10 are for research associates (RA). The JRF positions, however, have an online application process that interested candidates need to follow.
Who can Apply for the ISRO Recruitment 2019?
As per the notification issued on the official VSSC website, the qualification required for 10 JRF positions is MSc in Physics, Applied Physics, Space Physics, Atmospheric Science, Meteorology, Space Science, Planetary Sciences, Astronomy, or Astrophysics OR MTech in Atmospheric Science, Space Science Planetary Science Applied Physics with minimum 60% marks as average of all semesters in aggregate or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent. The candidate is also required to have CSIR-UGC NET, GATE, JAM or JEST qualification. More details on the same have been provided here.
How to Apply for the ISRO Recruitment 2019?
Interested and eligible candidates who wish to apply for the ISRO recruitment 2019 need to do the following:
- Select the ‘click here to apply’ link available on the official VSSC website.
- Enter all relevant details such as name, post number and correct email address and register with the VSSC website.
- A verification email will be sent to the email address provided.
- Upon on-line registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. The candidates are also advised to take a printout of the online application for future reference.
- Fill in the correct details of all the information required.
- In case of submission of duplicate or multiple applications by candidates, the last application submitted before the last date of submission of application shall be considered for further processing.
- The applicant need not send any documents such as print out of online application, copies of certificates, mark lists in proof of educational qualification, and so on.
- There is also no mention of any application fee.
- The last date for online application is 30 July 2019
Candidates will be shortlisted and called for an interview through email. Candidates would be required to produced their original certificates at the time of the interview. Selected candidates can also register for PhD. Selected candidates would be eligible for a salary of Rs 31,000 per month with a possibility to be increased to Rs 35,000. Selected candidates would initially be engaged for a period of one year, up to a maximum of 5 years. Interested candidates are advised to go through the ISRO recruitment 2019 notification in detail before apply for the jobs.