ISRO has announced a free online course on cybersecurity for working professionals from the Central and State Governments. The course is being conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), which is a centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Dehradun. The course is being offered as part of the IIRS outreach program, which was started in 2007 with 12 universities and institutions has now grown substantially to over 3000 network institutes.
ISRO says that the institution is embarking on a groundbreaking initiative in the realm of cybersecurity through the introduction of an interdisciplinary program focused on safeguarding critical infrastructures and facilitating the secure sharing of geo-data. The course will be conducted over a period of 14 days, and participants with 70 percent attendance will also be given certificates. The course called "Geo-data sharing and Cybersecurity" is being offered for free.
Topics to Be Covered as Part of ISRO Free Online Course
The program encompasses both theoretical knowledge and practical applications, demonstrating how cyber defense and awareness technology can be strategically utilized to enhance comprehension and mitigation of cyber threats, says ISRO. Some of the topics that will be covered as part of the course are as follows:
- Overview of cybersecurity: Threats and challenges.
- Software tools and products for secure data and information access.
- Safe transactions and data accessing in web and mobile
- Best practices for Cyber Security.
- Online Geo-data sharing and cyber security.
- Demonstration on online geo-data repositories and geo-portals.
- Network security protocols and best practices.
- Demonstration on cybersecurity tools.
Important Details of the IRSO Free Online Course
ISRO says that the mission of the free online course is to research, educate, train and also spawn startups in Remote sensing data and geo-informatics and create technological safeguards to protect critical infrastructure. Some of the other important details of the course are as follows:
- The course will be conducted from 28 November to 11 December 2023.
- Course updates and registration form will be available on the official website.
- Interested professionals will have to fill and submit the form to get the registration number to enrol for the class.
- The approval mail and login credentials will be sent from IIRS using which students can take the class on the class portal.
Those who wish to enrol are advised to go through the official website for further information.