ISRO has invited applications for a one-day workshop, which will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) as part of its outreach programme. The workshop consists of four lectures and a panel discussion of one hour each, which will be conducted from 10 am to 4 PM IST. The workshop aims at showcasing advancements made in mapping, monitoring and modelling aspects of landslide and deliberate on the support to development of early warning system.
What the ISRO Workshop on Earth Observation-based Mapping Will Cover
The workshop aims at giving participants an understanding of how multiple remote sensing techniques from spaceborne, airborne, and ground-based platforms, have been widely applied for the monitoring of landslide processes. The topics that will be covered in the workshop are as follows:
- Role of Optical Remote Sensing (including aero-space-based technology) in mapping, monitoring and modeling in landslides.
- Application of microwave remote sensing and geophysical investigations in the detection of landslide and surface deformation.
- Application of remote sensing in the assessment of ice and snow avalanche.
- Strategy for support to the development of early warning system for landslide and related disasters.
- Panel discussion, conclusion and valedictory.
How to Apply for ISRO Workshop?
The workshop will be open to participants from organisations that have been registered on the IIRS website. A designated coordinator from the institute of participants will have to first get their organisation registered as the nodal centre with IIRS. Once the organisation is registered, applicants may visit the official website and get themselves registered for the workshop by entering their name, email and password. After registration, applicants will then have to select the course, and also enter their personal and educational details. All the professional documents that the platform requires will have to be uploaded as well. To know more about the workshop, applicants can go through the official brochure in detail.