ISRO is currently accepting applications for two new free one day workshops being conducted by the the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, which is a centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation. One is an online workshop called “Lunar remote Sensing and its Applications”, which will be conducted on 11 August 2021 and the other is an online workshop called “SAR application for flood hazard mapping and monitoring”, which will be conducted on 16 July 2021.
Interested participants may register and attend the course through the IIRS e-class portal or may also log into the official YouTube channel of the institute. Participants who attend the full live workshop through the eclass portal will receive an ISRO certificate. The participants who attend the workshop on the IIRS YouTube channel should mark their attendance through the offline sessions that will be made available after 24 hours.
Details of ISRO Free Online Workshop on Overview of Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications
This workshop will give participants an overview of remote sensing of the Moon through various scientific satellite missions and discussions of their important findings through the following topics:
- Overview of Lunar Remote Sensing.
- Reflectance spectroscopy and detection of endogenic water on the Moon: Examples from recent lunar Missions.
- Lunar South Pole Aitken basin: Understanding mantle geochemistry.
- Recent advances in radar exploration of the Moon.
- Chandrayaan-2 Imaging Infrared spectrometer (IIRS): Some initial results for mineral analysis.
- Mg-Spinel Mineralogy on the Moon.
Details of ISRO Free Online Workshop on SAR Application for Flood Hazard Mapping and Monitoring
This online workshop is being organized for highlighting the potential of microwave remote sensing data for flood hazard mapping and monitoring. The following topics will be covered under the workshop:
- Overview and basic concepts of SAR.
- SAR application for flood hazard mapping.
- Access to SAR data and processing S/W.
- Processing of SAR data.
- SAR based flood hazard mapping.
How to Enroll for ISRO Free Online Workshop
Interested participants will have to first register on the official website entering the following details.
- Their full name as per their class 10 certificate.
- Email address and password.
- Selecting the workshop they wish to enroll in.
- Personal details.
- Educational details.
- Uploading the documents required.
Applicants can also preview their applications, and check application status after submission. Those who wish to know more can go through the course brochure for the workshop on Overview of Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications, and the course brochure for the workshop on SAR Application for Flood Hazard Mapping and Monitoring for further information.