ISRO, through its centre the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), has invited applications for yet another free online course called “Fundamentals of Remote Sensing and GIS Technology”. The course is aimed at students interested in learning about space science who have completed graduation and are pursuing higher degrees. There are only a limited number of seats available due to which candidates will be admitted on first come first serve basis.
The course will be conducted from 14 to 28 September 2021 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm every day. All the approved participants have to login to the IIRS E-CLASS portal with their credentials during live sessions. The E-CLASS platform will automatically record the attendance of a participant based on his/her login during the session and presence during the session. Typically, the attendance is marked as present after 50% duration of total session time. Participants will receive an ISRO certificate upon completion of the course.
What the ISRO Free Online Course on Remote Sensing and GIS Technology Will Cover?
Participants of the course will get to learn from the following topics over a period of two weeks:
- Overview of the Indian space program and its applications.
- Fundamentals of remote sensing techniques.
- Fundamentals of geographic information system.
- Remote sensing platforms and sensors.
- Major trends in remote sensing technology.
- Digital image processing of remote sensing satellite images.
- Geodata handling of open source GIS software.
- Overview of GIS data analysis.
- Online geodata repository and ISRO Bhuvan portal.
- Overview of cyber GIS.
- Use of geospatial technology in science.
How to Apply for ISRO Free Online Course on Remote Sensing and GIS Technology
- Interested participants will have to register with the official website by providing their data such as email address and mobile number.
- Participants will receive the registration number on successful submission of application as web page display and email message.
- Participants can then activate their account by clicking on the link that will be sent to the registered email address.
- Once the account is activated and the email is verified, the application will be available for the selection process to the institute, course coordinator, or director who may approve or reject the application.
- All the approved participants will receive an approval email with their login credentials of IIRS E-class platform.