ISRO is offering a free online course called Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System for Urban Studies and Environmental Modeling
ISRO has invited applications from interested candidates for a free online course called “Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System for Urban Studies and Environmental Modeling”. The overall objective of thecourse is to create awareness among users, researchers and professionals about the applications of geospatial data in various aspects of urban studies and modeling. The course will be available from 6 July to 5 August 2022, and participants can enrol until the day of training or until the maximum capacity of the course has been reached.
What the ISRO Free Online Course Will Cover?
This course, which consists of 13 lectures scheduled approximately of 10 hours duration, will begin with overview of Geospatial Applications for urban and regional studies, basic concepts of master plan and smart cities and then proceeds with detailed lecture on various aspects of urban studies and modeling. The topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Overview of geospatial applications in urban and regional planning.
- Elements and characteristics of master plan.
- Concepts and components of smart cities.
- Base map and urban land use.
- Concepts of cadastral mapping.
- Close range photogrammetry for urban heritage studies.
- Urban land surface temperature studies.
- Urban flood risk assessment.
- Urban utilities and spatial analysis.
Who Can Take the ISRO Free Online Course?
The course is free and open for national and international participants. The following people can register for the course:
- Professionals engaged in Urban and Regional planning.
- Students and researchers of Urban and Regional Planning.
- Environmental studies.
- Civil engineering.
- Architecture or equivalent qualification or specialization.
Those who wish to know more are advised to go through the official website for more information.