ISRO has invited applications from interested participants for a free online course on Geospatial Technology that can be completed in 5 days
ISRO is currently accepting applications from professionals and researchers for a free online course called “Geospatial Inputs for Enabling Master Plan Formulation under AMRUT Sub-scheme”. The course is the 92nd Outreach program on the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun a centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Department of Space. The course will be conducted from 11 to 15 October 2021. IIRS says that the institute has successfully conducted 86 such courses so far with 70,108 participants from 2900+ Institutions or Universities as of 20 September 2021 spread across India.
The course is most suited for professionals engaged in urban and regional planning, students and researchers of urban and regional planning, geography, environmental studies, civil engineering, and architecture among others. All the participants who attend 70% of sessions of the course live through the e-class portal will be rewarded ISRO certificates. Those who attend the course sessions through the IIRS YouTube channel will have to mark their attendance on the offline session that will be made available after 24 hours.
What the ISRO Free Online Course on Geospatial Technology Will Cover
The course will give an overview of the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme as well as Geospatial Technology through the following topics:
- Programme overview, scope and coverage.
- Project execution and deliverables.
- Familiarization with remote sensing data sets.
- Identification and interpretation of urban features.
- GIS based analysis and modeling.
- Map projections and mobile apps.
- Survey techniques and navigation systems.
- Design and standards for formulation of GIS based Master Plan for AMRUT Cities.
- Maps creation based on AMRUT standards.
- Overview of Geospatial data collection, usage and data sharing policies in India.
How to Register for ISRO Free Online Course and Other Important Details
- Interested and eligible candidates will have to submit applications on the official website by entering all the required details.
- Course study materials like lecture slides, video recorded lectures, open source software and handouts of demonstrations will be made available through the eclass portal of IIRS.
- The content of the workshop will be available offline after 24 hours in the eclass portal.
- The participants can attend the online course live through the eclass portal or the YouTube channel of IIRS.
- The ISRO free online course has been sponsored by IIRS, Indian Space Research Organisation, Department of Space, Government of India, Dehradun.
Those who wish to know more are advised to go through the course brochure in detail for further information.