ISRO has announced a free online course on overview of space science and technology for school students from Indian and abroad
ISRO has invited applications from school students from above the age of 10 years for a free online course called “Overview of Space Science and Technology”. Both students in India and abroad can apply for the course that will be conducted from 6 June to 5 July 2022. The objective of the online course is to provide knowledge and awareness to school students on various aspects of space science and technology.
Participants of the course will get to attend technical sessions that will be delivered by eminent space scientists of India. During the course, a total 10 hours online video sessions will be conducted, which can be watched as per the convenience of students. Students can watch the video multiple times, and based on the video watch logs, attendance for that session will be marked by the system. Participants will also be given certificates from IIRS ISRO.
What the ISRO Free Online Course Will Cover
The following topics pertaining to space science and technology will be covered as part of the course:
- Space technology and Indian space program.
- Spacecraft systems.
- Astronomy and space science.
- Satellite meteorology and its applications.
- Planetary geoscience.
- Satellite based Earth observations and remote sensing technology.
- Remote sensing applications in governance.
- Close range photogrammetry for urban heritage studies.
- Online learning resources and career opportunity in geospatial technologies.
Students will also get to work on the following experiments:
- Reading satellite imageries for information extraction.
- Geodata access from online data repositories and problem solving using GIS.
How to Register for ISRO Free Online Course
- Those who wish to register for the course will have to enter the required details on the official website through the given URL.
- On successful registration and activation of account, students will receive their login credentials for E-CLASS Learning Management System (LMS) through email.
- Students can also download the PDF version of study material for their future references from E-CLASS LMS.
- After completing the video session, students need to participate in the Quiz assessment.
- All the technical sessions and learning resources will be available till 5 July 2022 under the registered account on the platform.
- Students can also post their doubts in the discussion forum.
ISRO Certificate for the Course
Participants will be given a certificate from IIRS ISRO based on the students’ attendance in technical sessions and score in online quiz assessment. A minimum of 60% score in quiz and 70% attendance in video sessions will be required to get course participation certificate. Those who wish to apply are advised to go through the course brochure for more information.