ISRO free online course on machine learning that can be completed in 5 days is being offered through IIRS, which is a centre of ISRO
ISRO is offering yet another free online course for students and professionals through the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS). The ISRO free online course called “Machine Learning to Deep Learning: A Journey for Remote Sensing Data Classification and Detection” is a five days short course that is intended at professionals; However, students may also apply for the course. Short course study materials like lecture slides, video recorded lectures, and handouts of demonstrations among others will be made available through IIRS.
What the ISRO Free Online Course on Machine Learning Will Cover?
ISRO says that the course is being offered as it is important to explore machine learning or deep learning algorithms to extract specific class level information from multi-sensor temporal remote sensing data sets. Some of the topics that will be covered are as follows:
- Remote sensing and its sensors of various resolutions.
- Radiometry and geometric corrections and basic understanding of Image.
- Basic classifier to machine learning.
- Methods in machine learning: Supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement.
- Fuzzy based machine learning with application in temporal data processing.
- Network based learning algorithms like ANN to CNN or RNN.
Hardware Requirement to Take the ISRO Free Online Course on Machine Learning
Participants of the course need to the following equipment’s in order to be able to take the course:
- High-end computer or laptop with Windows operating system.
- Good quality web camera.
- Headphone with microphone.
- Large display screen such as projector or TV.
- IIRS learning management system.
- NKN or any other high speed internet facility preferably without firewall, and with minimum of 2 Mbps bandwidth.
Participants will also be rewarded certificates based on 70% attendance. The course will be conducted from 4 to 8 July 2022, and those who wish to attend the course are advised to go through the course brochure for further information.
Leave a Reply