Cloud services are the main emphasis of Microsoft’s complete business suite. For instance, Microsoft Azure is the company’s primary focus for cloud services. But things are more challenging now
Rs 114,107 mn
Microsoft provides local data centres in India with access to its worldwide cloud services to speed up the digital transformation of Indian start-ups, corporations, and governmental institutions. In order to support inclusive growth, encourage innovation, and quicken digital transformation in India, it operates four data centres.
For the fiscal year 2021–22, Microsoft Corporation (India) reported revenues of Rs. 51,728 crores. A net profit of Rs. 572 crores was declared by the corporation, an 8% drop from the previous fiscal year. Microsoft provides local data centres in India with access to its worldwide cloud services to speed up the digital transformation of Indian start-ups, corporations, and governmental institutions.
According to Microsoft Chairman and CEO Satya Nadella, “Digital technology will go on to be the fundamental input that propels the world’s economic output.” As we help customers stand out, develop resilience, and accomplish more with less, we are increasing our opportunity and gaining share across the tech stack.
“Microsoft added new experiences in Windows 11 to help organizations and employees navigate hybrid work in the areas of productivity and collaboration, management, and security.”
Microsoft’s growth plan, which primarily focuses on cloud-based goods and services, has gained momentum because to its FY 2022 success. The company’s Azure platform, according to its chairman and CEO Satya Nadella, continues to catch the attention of business titans from many markets.
According to Microsoft’s financial figures, it can maintain its pandemic-driven sales growth while economies recover and companies adopt a hybrid work-from-home/office strategy. Microsoft’s commercial cloud revenues crossed $20 billion for the second time in its second fiscal 2022 quarter, reaching $22.1 billion.
Azure is being built as the global computer, providing speedier access to cloud services while satisfying stringent data residency requirements. With Azure for operators, Microsoft is expanding its infrastructure to the edge of the 5G network, and launching fresh solutions to support telecom operators in delivering ultra-low-latency services closer to end customers.
• Microsoft Teams reported 145 million users in 2021; by 2022, that number had increased to 270 million.
• In order to empower businesses’ vision and foster innovation to drive economic and societal progress for India and beyond, Microsoft launched the Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub in India. A brand-new digital platform for startup entrepreneurs in India is called Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub. The platform provides startups with free access to the technology, tools, and resources they need to launch and manage their businesses, with perks and credits valued at over $300,000. great development and productivity tools, such as GitHub Enterprise, Visual Studio Enterprise, and Microsoft 365, are available in addition to a reliable, safe, open-source-friendly, and compliant cloud platform.
• Microsoft added new experiences in Windows 11 to help organizations and employees navigate hybrid work in the areas of productivity and collaboration, management, and security.
• To create scalable topological qubits, previously illusive physics is now demonstrated by Microsoft Azure Quantum.
• It announced the completion of its acquisition of Nuance Communications Inc. a leader in conversational AI and ambient intelligence across industries including healthcare, financial services, retail and telecommunications.
• Windows 11 made available on October 5.
• Microsoft improved its hybrid capabilities to let businesses create, handle, and deploy applications from anywhere. Customers can deploy Azure data services in multi-cloud settings, at the edge, or on-premises using Azure Arc. By providing connectivity via satellites around the world, Azure Space is extending Azure’s possibilities.
• Microsoft announced a datacenter region in Hyderabad, Telangana. The datacenter area will is fourth location in India, joining Chennai, Mumbai, and Pune in the network.
• Microsoft expanded the native features of Microsoft Defender for Cloud to the Google Cloud Platform in order to safeguard users across various cloud platforms (GCP).
President, Microsoft India
By Aanchal Ghatak
Leave a Reply