IMTMA in collaboration with FE Dream has offered a free training course called Design and Manufacturing of Special Purpose Machine
Indian Machine Tools Manufacturers’ Association (IMTMA) has announced its collaboration with FE Dream, a non-profit organization, to offer a free training course for women engineers. The 8 week free training course is scheduled to be conducted from 7 February to 31 March 2022, at the IMTMA Design Institute, Bangalore International Exhibition Centre in Bengaluru and will focus on “Design and Manufacturing of Special Purpose Machine”.
The training course is aimed exclusively at unemployed young women graduate and diploma engineers passed out from the academic year 2020 and 2021. The training program focuses on increasing the employability of women engineers in the manufacturing industry by delivering design and manufacturing skills to young women graduates and ensuring self-reliance for women. As part of the program, women graduates or diploma engineers from mechanical and allied disciplines, recently graduated from various Indian institutions between 2020 and 2021, will be eligible to enroll themselves for the program.
Topics to be Covered in the Free Training Course by IMTMA
- Some of the topics that will be covered as part of the free training course is as follows:
- Refresher on “Strength of Materials, Engineering Mechanics and Machine Kinematics” – Designers perspective.
- SOLIDWORKS – Hands-on CAD Training.
- Best practices of CAD Modelling and creating Manufacturing drawings.
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) – Design through Manufacturing.
- Selection, Assembly & Troubleshooting of LM Guides ways & Ball Screws.
- Conceptual design of a Special Purpose Machine w.r.t customer component.
- Design of Milling Spindle for SPM.
- Design of linear motion system using both friction guide and antifriction guide.
- Design of hydraulic slide and servo slide.
- Design of Pneumatic Systems: A practical approach.
- Electric Motors: Application, Selection, Sizing & Optimization.
- Finite Element Methods FEM – What, Why, and How?
- Soft Skills for working environment homogeneity.
- Speaking, writing, and presenting skills – To be a Smart Employee, and other similar topics.
Some of the Benefits of Taking the Free Training Course by IMTMA
IMTMA and FE Dream will help the participants of the course secure employment. Apart from that, the other benefits that are being offered are as follows:
- Industry readiness.
- Better employability.
- Higher confidence in machine design and manufacturing.
- Better career growth.
- Higher competitiveness in working.
The last day to apply for the free training course is 15 January 2022, and interested participants are advised to visit the official website for further information.